it was a great job

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

upper management needs more structure

Cons

low pay and benefits, too much turnover

more sturcture

Other Reviews for Crabtree & Evelyn

I loved working for them!!

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Wilmington, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Wilmington, NC (US)

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn

Pros

Great support.
    Great discount
    Good benefits.
    Good training
    Wonderful products
    lots of information and support to help managers lead and boost their teams.

Cons

It is retail so you have to work a lot around the holidays but the company does try its best to make it up to you.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Crabtree & Evelyn

Pros

small knit group, very family like
    discount was awesome
    great products
    a great learning place for customer service
    the company is very customer driven

Cons

it's retail so pay is weak!
    they blackout to many dates for management
    Upper management like the district managers-micro-manage
    pos system outdated
    pay raises are very minimal

I had the pleasure of working under one of the best managers ever. She was very great at fostering great team environment, communication, ownership of task, training and build characters into becoming part of management. I was employed by this company for several years, I went through 3 changes in district managers in the years i worked there. The first district manager was awesome and because at the time I was hired Crabtree was going through a boom in developing more stores my original dm was then relieved of her position and given a new title and we were then under another district manager. She had a very hard complex personality, not personable at all. When she did audits and district visits, the three days she would was at our store was 95% time in our backroom. When she did decide to come out on the floor she had a very hard deamenor and would observe her employees and talk about them to the sm on the floor(which I beleive to be so inappropriate). She would nit-pick on the customer service style of how the associate is approaching the customer and so forth. Mind you, this is a small store so associates can hear what the DM is saying to the store manager about he/she. This is demeaning to the self esteem of any employee. Then more changes, but i believe this had to do with the newly appointed VP that crabtree brought in Our district again got re-alighned to another DM. The new dm we were under was by far one of the best, she didn't micro manage but she was there when we did need her. This store was by far one of the most successful in the company. Sadly the company filed for bankcruptcy and more upper management got let go, store closures, the never ending realigning of the districts, the never ending of promotions( in one week alone, I remember doing almost up to 20 promos take down, put up, take down, put up....that never seemed to stop -this confused customers and associates alone. This is an overall good company to work for, Great products, they just need to be more structured and really hire good managers with management experience that is where they lack, unfortunately the last year I was there my sm left the company to pursue othe oppurtunity and this store eventually cracked and has never been the same.

There are newer employer reviews for Crabtree & Evelyn.

Worked for Crabtree & Evelyn? Contribute to the Community!