There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Never again

Former Employee - Prep Cook  in  Madisonville, KY (US)
Former Employee - Prep Cook in Madisonville, KY (US)

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you love cooking then it's a good job to have.

Cons

It's a disgusting place to work at. Everything is frozen but most is expired products that they tell you to go ahead and use anyways. The salad they leave overnight in their refridg. to use the limp lettuce and stiff cheese the next day. They over hire which means they lay off constantly and the kitchens are filled with fellow employees making it hard to do your job right. Fellow employees will also come into your work area which makes it easier for you to get blamed for their mistakes they leave in your area when you come back to it, management is chewing your butt. Which brings me to my next statement that management is always chewing you for absolutely nothing. Giving you a hard time and having favorites. On top of that there are many other reasons that i will never work there again other than the constant cussing in the kitchen and yelling, fighting, and favoritism.

My advice... All new management and fresh food!!!!!

508 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

Dont work here unless you don't have a family or life

Former Employee - Server  in  Greenville, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Server in Greenville, NC (US)

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros

The food, the regulars, the gift shop

Cons

Managers play favorites and show you no respect, you work on thanksgiving, you make no money because theres too many servers on the floor

You would find that if you praise your employees on a daily basis they would respect you more and work harder because they know they are worth something.

Tips can be really good. or really bad.

Current Employee - Server  in  West Valley City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Server in West Valley City, UT (US)

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros

No tip sharing. Always have cash.

Cons

Place is ran horribly. They only way you'll know you're out of a certain item is if you get screamed at...if you happen to be in the kitchen. Management treats you horribly. They will never send you home no matter how sick you are. Schedules you shifts you tell them you can't work. NEVER out on the time they schedule you at. Sidework and silverware can take up to an hour. Basically you get treated exactly like you get paid. you're a 2.12/hr employee and that is the way they treat you. Like cheap labor.

Treat employees better. Let us leave at the time we're scheduled.

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!