There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Gift Shop

Former Employee - Gift Shop Sales  in  Bourbonnais, IL (US)
Former Employee - Gift Shop Sales in Bourbonnais, IL (US)

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time for less than a year

Pros

Meeting people from all over the world. What awesome people come into Cracker Barrel!

Cons

Based on what the company once was, and how it was run, Cracker Barrel now is not a friendly nor welcoming place to work. It is a place where the staff is required to sell so many items per shift, and make so much $$$ per shift. If the staff doesn't make these quotas, you are written up and or your oh so few weekly hours are cut even more. And what do you get for all of this pressure and stress, a minimum wage and other staff who back stab you for even trying to do well. I would love to say that Cracker Barrel has even remotely an ounce of caring for it's employees, but this is far from the truth, And actually, they get some wonderful people to work for them, but alas they do not stay as there is absolutely no future or enjoyment working for this company. This is definitly not a job for a beginner or a oldster, and sadly, if it keeps going like it is, I don't see a future for this company.

There is nothing to say because it is corporate that dictates what the management imposes onto the staff. Tha management is greatly stessed as well. This company is not employment friendly!

498 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

Tips can be really good. or really bad.

Current Employee - Server  in  West Valley City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Server in West Valley City, UT (US)

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros

No tip sharing. Always have cash.

Cons

Place is ran horribly. They only way you'll know you're out of a certain item is if you get screamed at...if you happen to be in the kitchen. Management treats you horribly. They will never send you home no matter how sick you are. Schedules you shifts you tell them you can't work. NEVER out on the time they schedule you at. Sidework and silverware can take up to an hour. Basically you get treated exactly like you get paid. you're a 2.12/hr employee and that is the way they treat you. Like cheap labor.

Treat employees better. Let us leave at the time we're scheduled.

It's like a love-hate relationship!

Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server  in  Lebanon, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server in Lebanon, TN (US)

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really Good money to be made during the months of November-January
    If you need to pick up extra days for extra money, you can
    Some good managers out there
    Cracker Barrel can get busy, so they keep you moving, day goes by faster, the more busy they are
    Good benefits if your a Par 4... also like the whole Par system
    Good job for someone coming out of high school

Cons

Some guest can be rude, you have to ignore it
    Some guest may not tip, you have to ignore it
    you may be scheduled until 3pm, but won't be leaving at 3pm, it varies. so no exact time you will leave for the day, or night
    the money you make varies, never know how much you can or can not make for a week
    walking, walking, and more walking
    any resturant work is not easy
    not a good job/career for long term
    I would recommend this job to a friend, but would tell them not to stay too long, this job can get frustrating at times, and you are very tired after a long day at the Barrel

Be more respectful, we may not make as much money as you, but we are still equal, treat us all with respect, we are all human and everyone makes mistakes. put your self in our shoes, treat others the way you would like to be treated! the guest are not ALWAYS right, their are some dis-honest people out there. please stop with the yelling, we are not children, and even with that said, no person, or children like to be, or deserve to be yelled at! we need to hear that we are doing a great job, more positive feedback! We as servers feel some of the managers treat us as we are never good enough! Its always, servers do this, servers do that, servers don't do this, servers do more, servers, servers, servers!! I will admit there are some managers that help out when you ask them, and I am thankful for each and every one of them that help, and not just stand back and yell at us!

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!