Cracker Barrel

www.crackerbarrel.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

A decent place to work.

Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server in North Canton, OH (US)
Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server in North Canton, OH (US)

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than a year)

Pros

99% of the management is compassionate towards their employees. I had some personal issues that I had to deal with shortly after I started with them. The management staff willingly transferred me to another store. Over all a good company to work for.

Cons

My cons would be a-lot of trial and error. Some times management expects you to just take them at their word instead of getting clarification. It seems to be very little communication between management.

Communication! Communication is key talk to the employees see how things is going with them.

650 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

Wonderful Management and Awesome Work Environment

Former Employee - Waitress in Chattanooga, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Waitress in Chattanooga, TN (US)

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The management at the Shallowford Road Cracker Barrel in Chattanooga, TN is top-notch. They treat you with respect while helping you achieve the most you can with the job. They are extremely supportive and you can rely on them to be there when you need them. Also, they work with you during those stressful times on the job. They will roll up their sleeves and pitch in to get the work done and serve the customers in the best way possible. The management and team work mentality create a nurturing work environment that allows servers to complete their tasks and maintain great customer service. The STAR reward program is a great incentive for the servers.

Cons

It can be stressful and chaotic at times with the number of menu items and the combinations of food. Also, the promise of having certain items to the table in a set amount of time can be extremely overwhelming. The dress code is limiting, but I understand the need for it to be in place.

Check out how the managers run the Cracker Barrel at Shallowford Rd. in Chattanooga, TN. When I worked there about 4 years ago, they were awesome and would be great models for the rest of the company.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Server in Shelbyville, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Server in Shelbyville, KY (US)

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are no hidden surprises. Everything is planned out and well defined. If you follow the outlines everything runs very smoothly. Work hard and you will be rewarded. I enjoy my job very much and feel i am well taken care of; i feel safe.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel