There are newer employer reviews for DISH

They just don't care about their employees.

Current Employee - FSS IV
Current Employee - FSS IV

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a technician, it is good pay. Have three days off(although there are rumors that might change).

Cons

Their way or the highway mentality of management. They seem to think very house is exactly the same therefore every install should be the same. You get blamed for things that are out of your control. Because of that you lose incentive money. Long hours. When you get home, all you have time to do is eat and then go to sleep. Managements response is, "you're getting paid per hour, so just do it." "It is what it is." Upper management just cares about the numbers. Benefits are horrible and expensive.

1753 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Horrible Company to Work For

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist I  in  Christiansburg, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist I in Christiansburg, VA (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is fairly decent, and is certainly competitive for the area, as well as free satellite TV service to employees.

Cons

I'll just list these:

-Long Hours
    -Horrible Benefits
    -"Corporate" has no value for it's employees
    -Most managerial staff could care less about its employees nor how well they perform
    -Regularly "talent manages" employees out the door for performing poorly
    -Relies heavily on certain "customer satisfaction" metrics to grade the agent, regardless of how well the agent actually performs according to the "Quality Assurance" guidelines
    -Very inflexible concerning employees who are students. I was personally informed by one of the HR managers that an agent, and I quote, "must be with their supervisor 100% of the time" even if that means having to skip classes in order to be at work
    -Risks employees lives to have an agent on the phone vs. an agent at home due to inclement weather conditions
    -Agents are trained in one way by the training department, told something else by their supervisor, and then told to do the same thing in, yet again, a different manner by a third supervisor.
    -Agents are required to follow guidelines, regardless of call situation, that sometimes lead to the agents being verbally abused by the customer, with no way to defend themselves.
    -The company enforces "Business Casual" for a call center in which the only people allowed inside, are the employees.
    -Promises agents regular pay raises based on seniority, in 6 months, following a second round of training, I still had not received the pay raise.
    -Very strict on "breaks" as being late, even by 1, "ONE", minute creates an "occurrence" which affects your attendance.

-Improve benefits
    -Change the way raises work, ie: 6 months, 1 year, 1.5 years, etc... and actually stick to those pay raises.
    -Increase Pay.
    -RELAX! And stop being so uptight with rules just for the sake of having rules. Ie: Business casual.
    -Give agents more situational power, based on a low number of supervisors for supervisor calls.

Rewarding team environment at DISH.

Current Employee - Human Resources Representative  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The family environment that supports its employees through both our personal and professional growth and challenges. DISH is a Colorado company that continues to employ locals right here at the Corporate Headquarters, Call Centers and Engineering as well as at the Warehouse. DISH encourages employee referrals of family and friends who also share a strong committment to loyalty, perserverance and the rewards that come along with hard work.

Cons

When site's like glassdoor share only a negative one sided story from disgruntled ex-employees who believe that everyone owe's them something. Please do not come to DISH if you do not have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude, because you will not be happy here. We are a strong proud family at DISH and we expect to work hard everyday and are grateful for the many rewards that our company shares with us.

Please keep up the good work that you do everyday to support our employees and our company so that their families can continue to enjoy the long term stable careers that DISH provides.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!