DISH

www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Could be worse (e.g. unemployment)

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay checks don't bounce. Solid work flow. Company is not okay with being average; always looking to the future and how to be better than the rest. Vast resources to get the job done.

Cons

Core hours. Unable to work remotely. Very out dated policies and procedures, and a lot of red tape to achieve goals.

The wireless possibility is creating quite an internal buzz. Look to your existing employees to staff the new opportunity and reinvigorate them. We now live in a mobile world, with call forwarding and VPN; look to provide work at home days and allow us to be the adults we are.

1956 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Good Career Advancement, Poor Compensation

Current Employee - IT Manager
    Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to advance within department

Cons

Compensation is poor. Your typical promotion increase is 8-10% from a Very low base salary(typically bottom 20th percentile). Yearly merit increases are 2-4% for high perforners. Senior management cuts down any chance of adjustments, citing poor econmy or lack of budget.

Revamp the entire compensation structure. Take a look at national percentiles and bring all of your employees into the 50th percentile!

DISH can DEFINITELY improve in many areas to make this place more enjoyable

Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, free dish tv, Paid time off

Cons

Point system for absences or lates. 5 points is what you get for 3 months. 1 point for everyday missed and 1/2 point for every day late or half day off. And by late I mean you get a 5 minute grace period and then 1 minute after that it's a half point. You gain each point back 3 months from when you used it but once you hit 5 that your final warning, miss or late one more time your fired.

Hardly any pay raises. I've been here for over a year and had one pay increase and that was 90 days after hire. Advancing within the company is based metrics. So is pay for performance, where you get commission for your upsells but then if your not perfect on metrics you lose out and the CSAT surveys that customers take, you have no control over, same goes for customers calling in within 3 days of talking to you and AHT... sometimes good customer service takes time!

No holidays off unless your scheduled off. I will give them that my call center was closed on Christmas this year, but not last year. But I had to work on my day off to get New Years, you get holiday pay BUT.... If your 1 minute late from your schedule start, 1 minute late from your lunch and log out less than 1 minute past your shift end, you don't get paid. RIDICULOUS!! AND you have to do that the day before, day of (if scheduled) and the day after. They observe black friday as a holiday but not x-mas eve.

STOP with the point system for absences and lates. Loosen the slack on metrics and on how you QUALIFY for holiday pay. I'm there working on a holiday when a lot of others are not having to work because they close, I should get paid regardless of whether or not I there 5 minutes before or 1 minute late considering it takes 2 minutes to log into the computer. How about pay raises more often like every 6 months.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH