There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Could be worse (e.g. unemployment)

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst  in  Englewood, CO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay checks don't bounce. Solid work flow. Company is not okay with being average; always looking to the future and how to be better than the rest. Vast resources to get the job done.

Cons

Core hours. Unable to work remotely. Very out dated policies and procedures, and a lot of red tape to achieve goals.

The wireless possibility is creating quite an internal buzz. Look to your existing employees to staff the new opportunity and reinvigorate them. We now live in a mobile world, with call forwarding and VPN; look to provide work at home days and allow us to be the adults we are.

1765 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Good Career Advancement, Poor Compensation

Current Employee - IT Manager
    Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Ability to advance within department

Cons

Compensation is poor. Your typical promotion increase is 8-10% from a Very low base salary(typically bottom 20th percentile). Yearly merit increases are 2-4% for high perforners. Senior management cuts down any chance of adjustments, citing poor econmy or lack of budget.

Revamp the entire compensation structure. Take a look at national percentiles and bring all of your employees into the 50th percentile!

Mostly Pleasent

Current Employee - ERT Chat  in  Littleton, CO (US)
    Current Employee - ERT Chat in Littleton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Opportunity to move to different departments for career path now that "Internal Transfers" go through HR instead of Coaches and Management.
    Shift bids according to performance
    Management becoming more receptive to employee initiative for ideas.

Cons

Shift bids according to performance
    Management has a long way to go to be fully receptive to employee ideas and input
    Too much emphases on time vs quality. I.E. using the avaerage of agents handle time that have a high call back rate.

Many of the people I hear complain about how bad DISH is. Most likely would not last a week in the military. Too many of them expect hand outs. To me they were poampered by their parents and are unable to handle a bad situation without crying to Mommy or Daddy.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!