There are newer employer reviews for DISH

DISH can DEFINITELY improve in many areas to make this place more enjoyable

Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)
Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive pay, free dish tv, Paid time off

Cons

Point system for absences or lates. 5 points is what you get for 3 months. 1 point for everyday missed and 1/2 point for every day late or half day off. And by late I mean you get a 5 minute grace period and then 1 minute after that it's a half point. You gain each point back 3 months from when you used it but once you hit 5 that your final warning, miss or late one more time your fired.

Hardly any pay raises. I've been here for over a year and had one pay increase and that was 90 days after hire. Advancing within the company is based metrics. So is pay for performance, where you get commission for your upsells but then if your not perfect on metrics you lose out and the CSAT surveys that customers take, you have no control over, same goes for customers calling in within 3 days of talking to you and AHT... sometimes good customer service takes time!

No holidays off unless your scheduled off. I will give them that my call center was closed on Christmas this year, but not last year. But I had to work on my day off to get New Years, you get holiday pay BUT.... If your 1 minute late from your schedule start, 1 minute late from your lunch and log out less than 1 minute past your shift end, you don't get paid. RIDICULOUS!! AND you have to do that the day before, day of (if scheduled) and the day after. They observe black friday as a holiday but not x-mas eve.

STOP with the point system for absences and lates. Loosen the slack on metrics and on how you QUALIFY for holiday pay. I'm there working on a holiday when a lot of others are not having to work because they close, I should get paid regardless of whether or not I there 5 minutes before or 1 minute late considering it takes 2 minutes to log into the computer. How about pay raises more often like every 6 months.

1802 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Mostly Pleasent

Current Employee - ERT Chat in Littleton, CO (US)
    Current Employee - ERT Chat in Littleton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Opportunity to move to different departments for career path now that "Internal Transfers" go through HR instead of Coaches and Management.
    Shift bids according to performance
    Management becoming more receptive to employee initiative for ideas.

Cons

Shift bids according to performance
    Management has a long way to go to be fully receptive to employee ideas and input
    Too much emphases on time vs quality. I.E. using the avaerage of agents handle time that have a high call back rate.

Many of the people I hear complain about how bad DISH is. Most likely would not last a week in the military. Too many of them expect hand outs. To me they were poampered by their parents and are unable to handle a bad situation without crying to Mommy or Daddy.

Great work place

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Christiansburg, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Christiansburg, VA (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary, team members, training & QA depts, supervisors, over all friendly atmosphere from upper management, our will to succeed, the schedule

Cons

Negative response to the job from other agents who are dissatisfied

Make the atmosphere to phone agents more lively so they aren't so unhappy or recommend things that can help them grow stronger or understand their business better.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH