There are newer employer reviews for DISH

A real job, for people who are willing to actually work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great advancement opportunities, competitive pay scale, Pay for performance, sales bonus's, clearly outlined expectations, and lenient attendance policy. The Training is paid, and excellent. Management is friendly and approachable. Many extra perks, like prize giveaways, holiday parties, and on site gym.

Cons

Its hard work talking to customers who are upset, but that has nothing to do with how the company runs, its the nature of the business. Pay scale for support staff should be increased, right now you can make the most money if your an agent on the phone. Its upside down to not compensate the people who support those successful agents. Without us, they wouldn't have that success.

Continue to work hard and keep up the good work! This is a real job for people who are willing to actually work.

1811 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

2nd Time here, and Loving every minute!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Harlingen, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Harlingen, TX (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can advance quickly as long as you perform!
    This is the second time I have worked for Dish and I am glad I came back. If I hadn't of had family issues last year, I would never of left.
    The pay is good, it covers my $540 car payment with enough left over to get groceries and necessities.
    The benefits are great as it allows me to see a specialist in my area that I know will help me out, as well as allows my husband to be covered with the exact same care as me.
    I know Dish used to have mandatory overtime, but at least at my call center, that has been cancelled and now they ask for overtime anytime the call volume is high, but it's not forced.
    The supervisors and managers I have had contact with are great. I get assistance with anything, and I know that if I go to the site director, he will listen to what I have to say and not just blow me off.

All in all, I have to say, Dish is a great company to work for. I have no complaints.

Cons

I have no complaints about the company!

A company for a job, not a career company

Former Employee - Installation Manager
    Former Employee - Installation Manager

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are always hiring. They provide all the tools, uniforms, vehicles, and gas for the Fied Service Technicians. Free DISH programming.

Cons

Watch the promises they make when you are hired, big promises.
    The company is always chasing it's tail, round and round you'll go... In other words, there is no continuity in the focus, or message, creating confusion, especially in the management ranks.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH