sweatshop labor 2.0

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI (US)
Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they will hire anyone with a pulse

Cons

•Pay is as unclear as the hours you will work. I was never able to figure out how they were paying me even when i was hourly. If you figure in the cost of commuting to the far out location of the base and it your tool rental cost, expect make below minimum wage for at least 2 years
•Expect "bad dog" training tactics. anytime anything goes wrong and it will everyday they will find a way to lower your pay for the following month as a form of reprimanding you for something that may or may not be your fault.
•Hours worked make it an extremely unsafe work enviroment. All the techs look like they ae trying out for a part on The Walking Dead. My trainer veared off the road many times sacaring the !@&* out of me.

Advice to Management

Try hiring robots.

Ive never seen a more out of touch regional manager. Nothing can be said here to get it through to them that the DISH contract for techs is in dire need of repair.

Working anywhere else will be better. McDonnalds Burger King, anything is better than DISH

reviews filtered by

Does not meet expectations

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Aztec, NM (US)
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Aztec, NM (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some medical, dental, and vision benefits.

Cons

Your team can be number one in your region. Your warehouse pass audits with 100%. Go 461 days without an accident. Damage claims less than $50.00 for two years running. Have the team make over 6.4 points an hour everyday for 160 days, and if you get an evaluation on job performance "Does not meet Expectations".

Advice to Management

I still have some ear to what is currently happening in the region. Your rating of worst company by customers and by employees will not change no matter how many times to tell the employees you are working to make things better. Clean house like you should have 5 years ago. VP''s down.

Probably the worst job I ever had

Former Employee - Executive At HQ in Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Executive At HQ in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

its in Denver, loved living back in Denver

Cons

HR is out of control and use constructive criticism you give in reviews to your employees as weapons against employees

Lack of accountability or performance measurement. Focus is on minutes in the building instead of results

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage HR and make them support the teams as opposed to working against them

Stop being yes men to Charlie when his ideas are not the best corse