DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

sweatshop labor 2.0

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI (US)
Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

they will hire anyone with a pulse

Cons

•Pay is as unclear as the hours you will work. I was never able to figure out how they were paying me even when i was hourly. If you figure in the cost of commuting to the far out location of the base and it your tool rental cost, expect make below minimum wage for at least 2 years
•Expect "bad dog" training tactics. anytime anything goes wrong and it will everyday they will find a way to lower your pay for the following month as a form of reprimanding you for something that may or may not be your fault.
•Hours worked make it an extremely unsafe work enviroment. All the techs look like they ae trying out for a part on The Walking Dead. My trainer veared off the road many times sacaring the !@&* out of me.

Try hiring robots.

Ive never seen a more out of touch regional manager. Nothing can be said here to get it through to them that the DISH contract for techs is in dire need of repair.

Working anywhere else will be better. McDonnalds Burger King, anything is better than DISH

1880 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

The most Miserable 2 years of my life

Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Pine Brook, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Pine Brook, NJ (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are good at Sales, you can make a decent salary.

It's better than being Unemployed

Cons

Treated like a machine rather than a person.

Constantly threatened with the possibility of losing your job

Long hours, mandatory overtime, no paid holidays

Frequent schedule changes

If you have children, make sure there aren't any emergencies! You will receive an "Occurence" (essentially a write up) if you have to leave work early for a sick child, etc.

If you have a bad week and don't meet your metrics they will actually deduct money from your pay

Realize that you have actual living, breathing humans working for you, who have families that they would like to see more than once a week. Treat people with respect and empathy and it will go a long way. Employees that feel valued are more inclined to work harder and go the extra mile.

Worst Company that I have ever worked for, money is up and down. Management is INSANE.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When the money is good it can be good. I am a top sales person at any company I work for, but with Dish I made 2k some weeks. Others I made 400, the sales pay structure is changed every 30 days or so.

Cons

Everything is a Con at Dish. The pay structure is changed so often that you never know what you are getting. Management is crazy, like no other place I have ever worked. I hated every second of working there, I was even promoted several times, but couldn't want to leave. I spent 2 years with this company providing for my family and that is the only reason. I have watched them walk out over 1000 people while I worked there. They never got over 200 sales reps but would fire everyone and anyone. I know of 3 people that quit, while over 1k were fired. Its a terrible place to work. 6 days a week, 11 hours a day, no questions asked or you are fired. You can be a total of 15 minutes late per year. So if you are 10 minutes late 1 day then you have 5 minutes for the rest of the year. No execptions. I watched people get fired because they got in a car wreck, grandma died, it doesn't matter. I never was able to take a sick or vacation day, the entire 2 years. They will not approve any time off. DON'T GO WORK AT DISH. DO ANYTHING ELSE!!!!

Management is the problem. Numbers are the only thing that matters at Dish, but what they don't realize, if they treated sales agents with some respect and gave them normal hours then the reps would produce more sales. They grind them like slaves and after a while everyone breaks. My advice to management would be to, toss out every rule and start over. Copy a company that respects employees and doesn't treat them so poorly. No wonder why you are voted the worst place in the U.S. to work.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH