There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worst Company to Work for

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

Flexibility, freedom, meeting new people

Cons

Dish does not value their employees, never any positive feedback from management, made to feel that the job you do is never good enough. Terrible communication and always a blindside.

Positive reinforcement goes a long way and so does trust.

1802 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Put your head between your legs and kiss yourself goodbye

Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a job. You get paid for working there. Joseph Clayton and his managers micromanage you to death. There are fingerprint scanners so they know where you are at at all times.

Cons

It's the meanest company to work for in America. Senior management will yell at you and berate you in front of other employees if you do something wrong. They have no morals here. Working conditions are terrible. It is like prison!! Why work here, when you can work for one of the top 100 best companies to work for in America.

We are people and we have feelings. Please listen to us!! We're begging you!

Worst Company that I have ever worked for, money is up and down. Management is INSANE.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When the money is good it can be good. I am a top sales person at any company I work for, but with Dish I made 2k some weeks. Others I made 400, the sales pay structure is changed every 30 days or so.

Cons

Everything is a Con at Dish. The pay structure is changed so often that you never know what you are getting. Management is crazy, like no other place I have ever worked. I hated every second of working there, I was even promoted several times, but couldn't want to leave. I spent 2 years with this company providing for my family and that is the only reason. I have watched them walk out over 1000 people while I worked there. They never got over 200 sales reps but would fire everyone and anyone. I know of 3 people that quit, while over 1k were fired. Its a terrible place to work. 6 days a week, 11 hours a day, no questions asked or you are fired. You can be a total of 15 minutes late per year. So if you are 10 minutes late 1 day then you have 5 minutes for the rest of the year. No execptions. I watched people get fired because they got in a car wreck, grandma died, it doesn't matter. I never was able to take a sick or vacation day, the entire 2 years. They will not approve any time off. DON'T GO WORK AT DISH. DO ANYTHING ELSE!!!!

Management is the problem. Numbers are the only thing that matters at Dish, but what they don't realize, if they treated sales agents with some respect and gave them normal hours then the reps would produce more sales. They grind them like slaves and after a while everyone breaks. My advice to management would be to, toss out every rule and start over. Copy a company that respects employees and doesn't treat them so poorly. No wonder why you are voted the worst place in the U.S. to work.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH