There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Where are the improvements?

Current Employee - Loyalty Agent  in  Thornton, CO (US)
Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Customers and coworkers. You do get paid so I guess that could be considered a pro. A 20 word minimum is hard to reach in the pro section.

Cons

New CEO sent out a memo saying that the benefits package will be improved... Never happened. Terrible insurance! Chain of command is useless. They fire the good agents and coaches, and keep incompetent people. Too much pressure to reach "metrics". AHT, upsell, QA, CSAT and FCR. What happened to customer service? Now we even get put on a naughty list if we give too many credits to customers. Constant fear of being fired for any reason at any time. Dish is not even remotely a "great place to work".

Better benefits. We need affordable insurance, not cruises and cars. Don't give us "talking points" and not give us time to use them. Handle time should not come into play when your job is to save customers. Your agents are disconnecting great customers just to lower their AHT. How can you be so blind? Have your agents review their coaches. You might just learn something.

1753 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Current DD/BB/RV in Phoenix

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overall the company is in a very good spot.

Growth-

The business is changing rapidly and growing. The managers are very much a part of the site and not locked away in an office giving orders. The opportunity to stand out, get yourself noticed and promoted into your position of interested is the best thing about working in the site. The job is what you make it just like anything else in life. Working hard and enjoying the rewards of your work. The managers in Phoenix have created an atmosphere of striving to be the best not only within our site but companywide. I have never worked in another call center where employees talk about making DISH their career and just another job. Someone with little to no education outside of a high school diploma will be given the opportunity to grow into their position of interest. 95% of the current management in Phoenix started off an entry level agent on the phones and worked their way into the position they hold today. Promotions are always done internally.

Pay-

The job pays well. Plain and simple. There are plenty of opportunities for the entry level employees to make 2 different performance based incentives on top of their base pay. The more tenured agents usually a part of the advanced tech program and are paid more as an hourly rate, and they also can make sales incentive bonuses. Everyone is also given an annual raise and performance appraisal.

Managers-
    The GM and management team is very accessible at all times .Unlike any other jobs in which managers are hidden away from the site, the managers in Phoenix are seated as a part of it. There have been plenty of situations in which a manager will make a special exception for an employee to help. It ranges from schedules, days off, etc. There has been many times in which I had something going on outside of work and I am comfortable enough to talk to my bosses and listen to the advice they provide. Things like that make me want to work for them. Dish is a great company but when I get up in the morning I come to work for the managers in Phoenix.

Cons

There is an opportunity for health benefits and coverage to improve but the plan is just okay compared to other companies.

There are plenty of happy people working for you. Not enough of us are posting on a website like this. We are excited at the growth and change.I love my company and I love my job and plenty of people feel the same way.

Rewarding Experience with Huge Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Sales  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

DISH is a dynamic, growth focused enterprise that attracts people who value a challenge and expect results (from themselves, their team mates, and if the team delivers, their employer). The product is awesome and getting better with every new release. This is a rewarding work experience that delivers an education about business that money can't buy.

Cons

If you're not one to be held accountable for your actions (small and large), then DISH is not for you. There is a culture of accountability here which is becoming rare in business. This culture could be considered by some to be a negative.

Support and reward those employees who "get it". Those employees who live per your value structure of Pride, Adventure, and Winning. Continue to seek and place value in employees opinions like you have over the past year.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!