There are newer employer reviews for Darden

Fun, engaging place to work with an openness to hear different points of view from all levels

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Orlando, FL (US)
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Darden

Pros

Environment, culture and people are the strongest point for Darden.

Cons

Due to ensuring that the right people are hired and don't become overweight in staff, the company does have an intensive interview process and career growth can be slower. However, I feel that it's well worth the time when you enjoy your time at work.

757 Other Employee Reviews for Darden (View Most Recent)

Tips were only decent.

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Darden

Pros

Flexible shifts and willing to work with part-time servers. I liked working the lunch shifts which were busier than your average lunch restaurant.

Cons

Menu prices and alcohol sales were almost always low. This led to tips that are lower than many higher-end restaurants. Lunch take-home tips averaged around $40 for minimum and $80 for maximum. Dinner take-home tips averaged around $40 for minimum and $100 maximum. Take-home tips of $100 to $150 were very very few and far between. Full-time career servers should seek a restaurant with higher average take-home tips to avoid working many many hours and shifts. These figures are from my personal experience as a server at a busy Olive Garden for 2.5 years.

Professionally unsatisfying with little opportunity for advancement.

Current Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Darden

Pros

The job is fine if food service your career choice. The money is good and the job is relatively secure in these tough economic times.

Cons

There is little opportunity for advancement. Job satisfaction is low when you feel like you are in a dead end job.

Lighten up on some of the rules regarding breaks, eating, and drinking. Few people really want to be in the food service industry. Taking away some of the perks is bad for moral and may eventually lead to defiance. Even though it is an employers market, turnover is likely to increase.

There are newer employer reviews for Darden