Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Best of the Big 4

Current Employee - ERS Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - ERS Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Quite simply, I'm challenged every day to so something different. As a professional services firm, obviously client interaction is the primary job and it's fascinating to me to interact with myriad different kinds of people of companies. The firm does all kinds of client service work, so there's probably some kind of interesting work for anyone interested in the firm. Excuse me if I sound a little "rah rah Deloitte" but the firm takes good care of me and lets me do work I enjoy with people I respect and care about. "The people" is something Deloitte uses as a selling point in recruiting and I do beleive it's more than just hype. The people at Deloitte are bright, motivated, team players. I've worked on a multitude of different projects and made good friends internally at every one. I also have to give special mention to the internal feedback system. Professionals at every level are encouraged to use a formal scorecard system to get feedback from their colleagues about what they're doing and how they can do it better. The scorecards are an invaluable tool for improving job performance.

Cons

This kind of work isn't for everyone. It took me 6 months in the firm before i really found a kind of work I enjoy, and nearly half of the recruiting class I started with have moved on within 2 years. The hours can be long and the travel times can be high. You have to be willing to be a mobile worker. I don't have a desk of my own, and whenever I'm in the home office, I have to reserve space ahead of time.

Senior management does a good job of obfuscating the promotion and compensation adjustment processes. While the feedback process is outstanding, it's hard to tell how that translates back into promotions and raises.

6858 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

You get what you put in

Current Employee - Semi Assistant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Semi Assistant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Experience, knowledge and advancement you won't get working for a public company

Cons

We all know it's the hours

N/A

A great place to work. A great group of people.

Former Employee - Consulting Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Consulting Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Learning opportunities are endless. Employees are provided with many options to pursue the work they are good at and enjoy the most. Deloitte's clients are some of the biggest brands in the world. Each employee can make the most of their experience provided they make a committment.

Cons

Required hours and travel for consultants are brutal. It's hard to have "a life" as a consultant unless you are willing to forgo family, friends and health (at times).

It's very difficult to become a subject matter expert. If you enjoy building a career in one area this might not be the best place for you. Deloitte Consulting rewards generalists.

Explore different business models so that your superstars don't have to travel all the time. Is it really necessary to be at the client site every week?

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte