Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Great company. Management style is outdated

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. Smart, open-minded, driven.

Cons

Lots of overtime. But you're usually only billing 45 hours so the rest is gravy. Provided by you. On promotion milestone years you are also expected to kick even more butt with hundreds of additional firm hours. Basically, if you don't have a life outside of work, this job is for you.

Stop pinning billable hours at 45/week. Consultants should bill what they work. Leads to better feedback mechanisms and better incentive for good management.

6694 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Only focus on education and skills

Former Employee - IT Audit  in  Amstelveen (Netherlands)
    Former Employee - IT Audit in Amstelveen (Netherlands)

I worked at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Deloitte is an accounting firm. I was working at the IT Audit department. I prefer the collaboration between these two departments. The focus on accounting in combination with IT was new for me.

Cons

During the interview proces Deloitte only focus on my skills and my education. I tried to understand the Deloitte culture, but had to less time to get information about that. Afterwards I learned that it was better to took that extra time. I didn't like the culture at all.

I think that working at Deloitte kills your career. Deloitte doesn't have an eye for talent and treats most people the same way (consultant, senior consultant, manager etc etc.). Your growth path is planned and to rigid if you work here.

Great place to work and grow career

Current Employee - Principal Consultant  in  Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People focused and very non hierarchical culture. Lots of options to grow career - managers highly support staff, in case you want to make mid course adjustments in your career within Deloitte (they are great at deploying people to the right jobs where one has passion in and can deliver excellent results). Staff is given lattitude to innovate/do things differently.

Cons

Nature of job requires lots of hours. One has to be very organize pd to strike a balance between work and personal life. But even then, you find more skew ness towards work life. That's why the culture and work environment becomes even more important and Deloitte can offer you a dynamic envirompnment to not only build but also enjoy your career...also, managers embrace flexible working ours and this helps staff to manage better their personal lives

Continue to support staff in creating a balance between their work and personal life - come up with more innovative ways of doing this.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!