There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree

OK for a short term part time job.

Current Employee - Cashier in Hamilton, NJ (US)
Current Employee - Cashier in Hamilton, NJ (US)

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy jobs, laid back coworkers, very flexible scheduling, always something to do, meet lots of interesting (and I do mean interesting) people, requested time off is never an issue, work with a variety of unique people.

Cons

Very little room to move around in jobs, low title workers are blamed for any issues, management plays extreme favoritism, short breaks, customers can be dreadful, minimum wage.

Have some consideration for the little people.

607 Other Employee Reviews for Dollar Tree (View Most Recent)

Fast Paced

Current Employee - Store Manager in Newport News, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Newport News, VA (US)

I have been working at Dollar Tree full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fair pay for store manager position.

Cons

Heavy workload, conditions of backrooms , be fair in what you ask to be accomplished.

Pay hourly employees their fair share. We cannot expect to maintain quality employees who want to stay with us, if we don't at least provide them with pay that will allow them to pay their bills.

Lack of Payroll

I have been working at Dollar Tree

Pros

Be your own boss and write your own schedule

Cons

too much paper works. cashier and stocking station was a waste of time. not enough backroom space for all the products. too much seasonal products never have enough time to sell it out. not having the right equipment to keep the store clean. male and female pay rate is different.

put yourself in our shoes, is not the cashier or stocking station bring out the team is the team and management. we work hard because we wants too and that we know we complished something great today. we have enough projects on hand we don't need all that extra paper works. its just paper does not prove anything and plus you paid assocaite so cheap. do you give these associates anything everytime they won cashier or stocker of the week? did you pay store manager fair do to their hard work and time they put in to dollar tree? did you ever go check out every dollar tree store in the u.s. bottom line the best store, sales, freight, recovery and associates is not from cashier or stocking station but because they want to advance in the company but if you keep giving them so much and not enough pay soon or later you will tire out all your best managers the one that stuck with the company from day one!

There are newer employer reviews for Dollar Tree