Dominion Enterprises

www.dominionenterprises.com
  www.dominionenterprises.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

Depends so much on which division you work for!

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator  in  Norfolk, VA (US)
Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Norfolk, VA (US)

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall DE is really good about providing fun opportunities and morale building activities. Great training opportunities.

Cons

The politics are crippling in some departments. Overall very low pay across the board. Lots of cattiness and inefficient micromanaging.

Let people do their jobs. You hired them for a reason and for the experience that they're bringing to the table. Let them do it!

335 Other Employee Reviews for Dominion Enterprises (View Most Recent)

A horrible place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no redeeming qualities

Cons

Hourly employees treated differently than salaried employees

Be fair

Many

Former Employee - EService Specialist  in  Norfolk, VA (US)
    Former Employee - EService Specialist in Norfolk, VA (US)

I worked at Dominion Enterprises for more than a year

Pros

I worked in the department that created websites for the marine, truck, and machine industry. The people I worked with were good people, my immediate manager was responsive and helpful, and the overall product wasn't terrible. But I really did enjoy working for this company.

If you're someone who doesn't have much drive or is fine with coasting (some people are) then this place could work for you. You won't be pushed particularly hard, and it doesn't take much work to meet the demands of the job.

Cons

This review is from my employment in 2008-2009, so things may have changed...but while I worked there I had quite a few bad experiences.

High turnover with a very low value of employees. Mindset was, if you don't want to do it at a very low salary, we'll find someone else. I moved onto a new job after I received an exceptional review for the year but received a raise that was less than the cost of living. What I gathered was you either had to get promoted to management or else do your job forever. There was no vertical growth otherwise that I could see.

I never felt important and never knew who would still be with the company the next day. The workflow was rough. And the importance on sales over delivery was imbalanced. Sales is necessary, but it is not the only means of getting work for a company. A happy customer is a great way to get return customers and spread via word of mouth.

I really could go on and on about the things that bothered me, but really you just have to decide if you need a job bad enough.

I don't really have any. They chose the business model that made sense for them. I just ultimately didn't agree with it.

There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

Worked for Dominion Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!