There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

A broad look into all that DuPont does, feed, fuel and protect.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  Wilmington, DE (US)
Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Wilmington, DE (US)

I have been working at DuPont as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great compensation and benefits. Good people. Great work environment and resources. A large knowledge of the market and all the products it produces

Cons

Wilmington is not the best location to live in for a young professional. There is not much going on in the surrounding area unless you go up to Philly or Baltimore

357 Other Employee Reviews for DuPont (View Most Recent)

DuPont is an excellent company. Management could use a little improvement

Current Employee - Buyer  in  Wilmington, DE (US)
    Current Employee - Buyer in Wilmington, DE (US)

I have been working at DuPont full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

DuPont is a very diverse company creating diverse products and promoting employee diversity. DuPont is a leader in the field and is on the cutting-edge of science in developing products.

Cons

DuPont management could use improvement. More training is needed for some leaders. Transparency needs to improve internally. Team work is not always as valued as promoted. Career development and career opportunities needs improvement.

More transparency and better management and leadership.

Good if you are an Engineer and upper manager

I worked at DuPont full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good salary and flexible hours.

Cons

Boring, at times stressful. No room for growth. Depressing to work here. People are glum and don't smile or acknlowedge your presence.

Most people are not treated well and with respect. Most employees and Managers are out for themselves and because of this the atmosphere is heavy and toxic. People can't wait to leave.
    Nothing is done to alleviate the stress at least when I worked there.
    Everyone knows that what matters is not having a mark at a site when it comes to an on-the-job injury. The stress and suffering this causes people, upper managment will never understand. Plus, everyone outside of Dupont I talk to knows that the stats do not reflect what really is. It is all a game.
    Every job has its pros and its cons but I would not work for this company if they doubled my salary. Then again, most companies are like this and some even worse.

There are newer employer reviews for DuPont

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!