DynCorp International

www.dyn-intl.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

Opportunities to steer my own learning and discovery

Current Employee - IT Manager in Fort Worth, TX (US)
Current Employee - IT Manager in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Information Technology department is constantly working toward a standards-based ITIL compliant process structure, which means that IT personnel are able to better control the pace of problem response, and prioritzie work more effectively. Additionally, I have never been anywhere where I was able to steer my own development quite as much as I've been able to do at DI.

Cons

The Alliance location isn't particularly well managed from a work-space considerations standpoint. Over-crowding, too little parking, and ever-decreasing cubicle spaces are a chronic problem with this company.

Fix the crowding problems. Make Change Management in IT a little more user-friendly. Don't require documentation that isn't necessary, or doesn't make sense to the Change process. Improve documentiaton overall, especially in the CI aspect of the CMDB.

416 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

So far so good.

Current Contractor - Project Manager
    Current Contractor - Project Manager

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

One reason is that I like working with the USA military,and since they have the lions share with the US military,compared to other companies then its better to pick them.

Cons

The only big problem is that their big boss which is the Military might be leaving Afganistan by 2014,so most people may loose their contracts.
    -they need to creat recreation facilities for us like a modern gym.pool table and other sporting facilities.

-something should be done with regards to promotions and upgrading to higher offices,some of the staff here are over qualified and speak english quiet well,but sme how they are intthe wrong departments,and changing jobs is not easy in within inhouse,even when the qualifications are right.

Opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

DynCorp provides an unlimited amount of opportunity for travel and seeing the world. I worked in Recruiting for 3 years now and have seen places that I only dreamed about. Salary is decent.

Cons

Always constant consistent change! Nothing is ever the same week to week. There is absolutely ZERO training available, I have never been to a "new employee" orientation and upper management does not have experience needed to manage.

Hire VP's, Directors, and Managers whom actually recruited before, HR is completely different from recruiting. Contractors are still employees, do not view them as just an employee number.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International