E*TRADE Financial

www.etrade.com

Get a start here, but don't get too comfortable.

Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) Alpharette, GA (US)

ProsGood place for a young person starting out in the securities industry to get licensed and learn a few things. They pay for your licensing. You don't really have to take your work home with you.

ConsLow pay. It's a call center. Low employee morale. Every second of your day is micromanaged. Rude customers. Promotions are actually just lateral moves to other departments doing the same thing. Company touts promoting from within but sought after positions are filled outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementDe-emphasize the "CE" requirement. Many excellent reps do not receive the recognition they should because they choose to not abuse the referral system like other reps. Being able to "put on over" on management with inflated referral leads shouldn't be rewarded. Top referral performers are the least likely to allow others to observe their habits for a reason.

Everyone is an island, little opportunity to grow

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: They hand out titles like lollipops and E*TRADE looks good… Cons: They hook you in the position with a higher than normal salary and promises of bonsuses, raises and promotions. Opinion throughout the company is that… Advice to Senior Management: Back off. Let your employees do what they were hired… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

You need the right personality to work here

(Former Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good staff and middle managers. Salary and benefits could be better,… Cons: Way too much micro-managing. Very secretive and very political atmosphere. Morale rather low. Senior management has… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more opportunities to move to other areas of the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on E*TRADE Financial.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!