E*TRADE Financial
www.etrade.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Get a start here, but don't get too comfortable.

Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee)
Alpharette, GA (US)

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time

ProsGood place for a young person starting out in the securities industry to get licensed and learn a few things. They pay for your licensing. You don't really have to take your work home with you.

ConsLow pay. It's a call center. Low employee morale. Every second of your day is micromanaged. Rude customers. Promotions are actually just lateral moves to other departments doing the same thing. Company touts promoting from within but sought after positions are filled outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementDe-emphasize the "CE" requirement. Many excellent reps do not receive the recognition they should because they choose to not abuse the referral system like other reps. Being able to "put on over" on management with inflated referral leads shouldn't be rewarded. Top referral performers are the least likely to allow others to observe their habits for a reason.

Corporate Services is a short-term job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fine place to spend 3-4 years but not a place for a long-term career. Good experience in corporate services to take to another… Cons: Management won't developing employees, management always hires from the outside, raises are not regular but come every 3-4 years. … Advice to Senior Management: Stop the regular cycle of building up and pulling back. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not place to build your career

Financial Consultant (Former Employee)
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: Work colleagues keep day fun Cons: Management makes salaries on performance of reps. Since products are sub… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on E*TRADE Financial.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at E*TRADE Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for E*TRADE Financial CEO Paul T. Idzik. All reviews posted anonymously by E*TRADE Financial employees.