E*TRADE Financial
www.etrade.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good Experience in short-term but dead end road

Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee)
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMakes it easy to get acclimated with the market and a range of investments. Benefits are great. Good place to get a series 7 as they have a good training program but most moves within the company after that are lateral.

ConsVery micro managed. Because of this, it is difficult to create relationships within the workplace. Most employees show up and leave with very little interaction. It is luck of the draw to get off work and most people end up taking PTO days in the middle of the week because Mondays and Fridays are the busiest days. New hires typically are stuck on an off hour shift that may include nights and weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a CEO longer than 6 months that can implement a strategy to be more successful.

Too much Politics

Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros: Can get to know about Finance - Stocks, Trading Cons: Horrible Asian work culture, politics, stressful work. Advice to Senior Management: Managers need management skill as well as technical skill. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Corporate Services is a short-term job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fine place to spend 3-4 years but not a place for a long-term career. Good experience in corporate services to take to another… Cons: Management won't developing employees, management always hires from the outside, raises are not regular but come every 3-4 years. … Advice to Senior Management: Stop the regular cycle of building up and pulling back. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on E*TRADE Financial.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at E*TRADE Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for E*TRADE Financial CEO Paul T. Idzik. All reviews posted anonymously by E*TRADE Financial employees.