There are newer employer reviews for EY

Employee friendly and customer centric

Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Chicago, IL (US)
Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at EY full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Approachable hierarchy and open communication.

Cons

Less Holidays than other competing companies

4711 Other Employee Reviews for EY (View Most Recent)

I had a great exposure in Ernst & Young and enjoyed working there.

Former Employee - Audit Executive in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Audit Executive in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at EY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ernst & Young is one of the leading big 4 in the world. It has got its great brand value.
    Moreover, I like challenging job, meet deadline and handle responsibility which I got in Ernst & Young.

Cons

No comment as of now.

Worst company I have ever worked for due to Horrible Partners

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at EY full-time (more than an year)

Pros

To have a"Big Four" company on your resume.

Cons

Partners only want you to think they care about you but they could not care less. I spent a large amount of time on the road with a huge amount of staff and the partners only did their cameo appearance for their so called troops once in a while. What made it worse is that they throw their own senior managers under the bus when bad apples complain about long working hours and then turn around and ask the Senior Managers why client targets were not met. The Partners don't even give their Senior Managers a chance to respond to accusations and just decides to make changes without worrying about outcomes. I have worked for a number of different companies in my time and don't know of a worse company than E&Y. The average time that managers and senior managers last is under 2 years because HR lies and tells everyone who joins that bonuses are in the neighborhood of 10%. What they don't tell you is that only a small % of people actually get a bonus. If you do want to try consulting, go with one of the other 3 like Deliotte, PWC or KPMG as I can't imagine any of them being than E&Y and managers and Senior Managers seem to stay longer there which most likely mean they treat their people better. Partners treat their people as expendable commodites to be tossed aside like garbage when they are done with you. Stay far away!!!

Stop lying to new hires and tell them that only a small handful of folks actually get bonuses rather than implying that everyone gets one.

There are newer employer reviews for EY