There are newer employer reviews for EY

Senior Analyst at EY

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  McLean, VA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA (US)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than a year

Pros

lot of growth opportunities, great peers, flexibility of work place. lot of avenues to learn next things and tremendous scope of learning new things,trainings and employes are treated very well. lots of perks.

Cons

work life balance. too much travel. Travel is the business model for most the practices of the firm but in the long run it might just wear you down. Some folks might like it but personally it was vert stressful if you have a life and a routine of your own. But, should say employees are treated 5 star when you travel.

4474 Other Employee Reviews for EY (View Most Recent)

I was an Associate Director in the Global IT department.

Former Employee - Associate Director  in  Secaucus, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Secaucus, NJ (US)

I worked at EY full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I spent 22 years at E&Y and for the most part it was a great experience. Benefits are excellent. I was fairly compensated and advanced throughout my career based my own merit and accomplishments. There is a defined benefit retirement plan, (which is getting very rare in private business) plus 401(k) with match that are very valuable and the basis of a comfortable retirement that I now enjoy. E&Y had very flexible work arrangements, good vacation policies (3 weeks to start), excellent equal opportunities for women, LGBT and all people. I spend many happy and productive years there and am grateful for the experience and proud of my own success and achievements there.

Cons

Business is business. It is a grave mistake to assume that any large business in any difficult financial environment is concerned about the individual employee, but there still may be policies that are beneficial to all employees and that was very true for E&Y. Financial hard times bring swift cost cutting and reductions in staff. Out large global IT department was significantly reduced in the recession in 2009 and many people were laid off, including very senior people, Directors, Associate Directors, many long term employees and older workers, several categories that I fit into and I was also laid off after 20+ years at over 60 years old with very slim prospects for future employment. That, however, was not specific to E&Y. I am realistic about it and because of their good retirement benefits and my own planning for retirement, I was able to truly retire, which for younger people with young families was not the cast. My advice to everyone: be serious and SAVE FOR RETIREMENT!

The core business of E&Y is strong and I was not directly involved in it, but supported it. I cannot comment on that. The back office world of IT, benefits, retirement, HR, finance was always susceptible to fluctuation in the larger economy, that in some cases, caused reductions that did not turn out to be very beneficial to the firm in either the short or long term. I recommend taking a long view of the value and contributions and working chemistry of any department before cutting it arbitrarily to reduce current cost.

Lots of learning

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at EY full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great learning experience. You get to work on important project from day 1 of joining the commpany. Very congenial and friendly atmosphere and everybody is always willing to help. Plus the brand name is a big bonus

Cons

Work schedule can get a bit hectic at times but that is compensated by monthly parties

There are newer employer reviews for EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!