Echo Global Logistics

www.echo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Echo Global Logistics – Dallas

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Dallas, TX (US)
Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Echo is a young company with a very young atmosphere, the average age in the Dallas office is sitting somewhere in the neighborhood of 24 years old. Echo Dallas has a great work environment for someone who wants to work hard and play hard. The atmosphere is very laid back in regards to letting you do things your own way. Echo Chicago provides a great training experience for the branch. Almost all higher level positions in the company are filled via internal promotions. Sales reps are not micro managed in their daily tasks. No commission cap, which generally puts a 3rd year employee in the six figure range.

Cons

Echo’s starting compensation is a draw against commission, rather than base plus commission. This is standard across the board in most logistics sales careers. However, it can seem somewhat daunting at first, but generally representatives are above their base compensation within the first nine months.

152 Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics (View Most Recent)

We have endless opportunity for growth! The sky is the limit for us!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, fun, energetic, young company that has not even tapped into the surface of the multi-trillion dollar transportation industry!

Echo is constantly evolving into an industry leader in 3rd party logistics, transportation management and supply chain solutions.

Echo was most recently recognized in 2012 as the #4 Brokerage Firm in North America by Transport Topics' annual "Top 50" publication. (see link: http://ttnews.com/log50/2012/2012log50.pdf).

Managed out of our Scottsdale, AZ Branch, Echo also received the highly regarded "2012 Carrier of the Year Award" by Monster Beverage Company.

As we continue to build our teams with highly motivated and aggressive talent, the growth potential is endless. Transportation is a relationship business. Echo takes great pride in constantly building those relationships with our customers and carriers.

Cons

Both a Pro and a Con: We are young and growing rapidly.

Continue to drive and direct growth and employee development!

Tons of good opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There's tons of room for growth, they're adding new branches and each branch is growing, including Chicago. All but one Branch Manager is an internal promotion, and every supervisor is promoted from within. Fun atmosphere, very energetic, the company realizes that sales is sometimes a grind and will incent not only with things like beer Fridays but also with outside sales trips. This really engages the sales force and acts as a light at the end of the tunnel--but one that's attainable. Higher-than-normal commission percentage for customer and carrier sales reps.

Cons

Rapid growth leads to growing pains, i.e., leadership territorial disputes. There's not a lot of "low-hanging fruit," which actually is a plus, but that means that to advance you either wait for growth or create your own opportunity.

Don't be afraid to make investments in developing your existing employees. You're putting a ton of money into training, which is great, but the existing talent would love to see some development as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics