Echo Global Logistics
www.echo.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Executives do not respect IT

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe IT dept at Echo is top notch. The entire team wants to make a great product. The IT managers are great. They can be a tad bit arrogant, but name me one IT manager who isn't one of the most arrogant people you've meet. There is a real chance for advancement in this dept, which is rare for IT. And it isn't based on favorites, but skill level. However...

ConsThe Executives do not give us any respect or time to do what's right. They're constantly pushing us to do things quick and easy.

The pay and benefit structure do not match the market. The health insurance plan for families is the worst I've ever seen offered to an IT dept. The co-pay is almost $800/month. Most employees with families do not use Echo's insurance cause the cost is too high. It's cheaper for them to purchase it online or use their spouse's plan.

The 401k matching is the bare minimum a company can offer and still legally be able to state they have matching 401k. It's all based on very long term vestments so you'll never see the matching $.

They claim your bonuses is a max of 5%, but in reality it's only maxes out at 2.5%, vs. the standard 10% offered by most IT places. The upper management does not see bonuses as a way to reward you for hard work, instead they see it as some chicken feed to throw at you so they can say they handed out bonuses.

The high turnover rate reflects the lack of benefits, and yet they still haven't figured it out.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your IT dept a real competitive bonus structure. Pay for most of their health insurance, which is pretty standard for IT dept. The current benefits structure makes me NOT want to work hard or work overtime. We had record profits the last 2 years mainly due to new products pushed out via overtime by IT. But yet the IT dept is constantly given the cold shoulder.

Great first job

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros: great work environment, fun people, potential to make alot of… Cons: hard to move out of sales roll More

Echo is a a legit place to work

Client Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros: Really good people. Fun atmosphere. Potential to make decent money. I… Cons: A lot of time on the phones. You can do… Advice to Senior Management: Maintain the upbeat culture. Keep hiring people with possitive attitudes.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Echo Global Logistics.

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Echo Global Logistics – Why Work for Us?

Take a look at the future of logistics... take a look at Echo. Driven, energetic and motivated – the Echo team is made of like minded individuals with one common thread, an opportunity to jumpstart a career at a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Echo Global Logistics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Echo Global Logistics CEO Doug Waggoner. All reviews posted anonymously by Echo Global Logistics employees.