There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor  in  Virginia Beach, VA (US)
Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I have been working at Education Management Corporation part-time for more than a year

Pros

I submitted an application for an adjunct position and was called for an interview. When I interviewed with the Dean, we talked about the school and the students. I was asked about my teaching philosophy and my comment level to quality education. I was hired on the spot and asked to fill out background check paperwork and other human resource related documents. I have been with them for about a year now and love working for this company. The management is easy to work with regarding schedule and they provide a professional work atmosphere.

Cons

I have not found anything negative to report.

Keep up the good work!

294 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

All about the numbers, not the students, profit before people

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

colleagues were awesome, except management.

Cons

sink or drown mentality, little coporate support. Crownies run the place, little respect for the workers

make goals realistic, and obtainable, add a fun factor

Say one thing, do another...

Former Employee - Admissions Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Educational institution which is accredited and puts into writing that they seek to help their staff and students.

Cons

Does not actually live up to the promises made to staff and students due to the nature of the company to drive profits.

Make a choice between profits or education because you can't have both. Efficiency leads to profits, but has a cost to end users and in an educational setting, profits must come after education is ensured. Shareholders thus, must believe stronger in the long-term power of education than of the importance of short-term profits.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!