Education Management Corporation

www.edmc.edu
  www.edmc.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Education without management

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the employees are nice caring individuals

Cons

Management has no clue on how to manage in the current market environment. They are living off of past success and the boom in for-profit education. Now that the industry is under scrutiny and enrollments are down there is no strategy to recover and grow.

Manage your people better than you do your expenses. The bottom line is cost. You are not competitively priced and community and state schools will start to bury you.

330 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

Say one thing, do another...

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Educational institution which is accredited and puts into writing that they seek to help their staff and students.

Cons

Does not actually live up to the promises made to staff and students due to the nature of the company to drive profits.

Make a choice between profits or education because you can't have both. Efficiency leads to profits, but has a cost to end users and in an educational setting, profits must come after education is ensured. Shareholders thus, must believe stronger in the long-term power of education than of the importance of short-term profits.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I have been working at Education Management Corporation part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I submitted an application for an adjunct position and was called for an interview. When I interviewed with the Dean, we talked about the school and the students. I was asked about my teaching philosophy and my comment level to quality education. I was hired on the spot and asked to fill out background check paperwork and other human resource related documents. I have been with them for about a year now and love working for this company. The management is easy to work with regarding schedule and they provide a professional work atmosphere.

Cons

I have not found anything negative to report.

Keep up the good work!