Electronic Arts
www.ea.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Good experience, though lack of career path

QA Test Lead (Former Employee)
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe Benefits were really good, though they were not matched with the financial compensation. The people are great to work with and the QA management is mostly quite awesome. They were always receptive of ideas and would be willing to help people advance as much as they could, which was limited due to all the required approvals. End of Projects were often accompanied by Paid time off.

ConsThough there are a lot of benefits there is very little career growth. Every promotion and significant raise I received was preceded by a discussion of my dissatisfaction and an ultimatum of raise/promotion or I would need to look for work elsewhere. This continued till I was approached by another company who gave me an offer greater then what I had previously asked for with EA.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people and give raises without them having to threaten to quit.

Experience Varies Widely Depending On Group- Can Be Fantastic

Marketing (Current Employee)
Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Perks are amazing (large amounts of PTO relative to other companies, free gym membership in on-site gym, decent healthcare, 401K matching etc), robust corporate philanthropy… Cons: Management's recent focus seems to be on recruiting new talent sometimes at the expense of current employees, some groups can be very political, some groups… Advice to Senior Management: In addition to finding new talent outside the company, don't forget about the top-notch talent you already have; prioritize singling out and accelerating the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work on games with smart people

Technical Director (Current Employee)
Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very smart people with a lot of experience making games, how could it… Cons: IT and Digital projects take too long and in some… Advice to Senior Management: Better project management of internal digital service projects. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Electronic Arts.

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electronic Arts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson. All reviews posted anonymously by Electronic Arts employees.