Enterprise Rent-A-Car

www.go.enterprise.com
  www.go.enterprise.com
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Get them while they are young

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Greensboro, NC (US)
Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Greensboro, NC (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The work is taxing however, if you can make it there - you can make ti ANYWHERE!!! ERAC looks good on the resume because of its sales driven nature and its perceived focus on good customer service. Great starter job but only for 1-3 years at the branch level. Don't worry, you will never have a shortage of sympathetic ears re: a days work.

Cons

College educated employees washing cars, cleaning garages, going into undesirable areas to Repo cars. It is VERY $$ driven - the employees include very desirable grads who have bought into the "run your own business" mantra but ERAC exploits that youthful energy and naivity of what they are monetarily worth.

The business model works and if you made it to management, you'll retire there or be encouraged to retire when you have run your course. Just be mindful that jaded and fearful employees can sabotage a branch - keep your people content and give a measure of job security to make the "job" more of a career. Thank you goes a LONG way.

3232 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

It wasn't as good as they made it seem

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Learn to be able to give an elevator pitch for selling insurance. You have 1 minute to get them to spend $40 a day on insurance

Cons

It really isn't enjoyable and the money is terrible

Teach managers how to train employees without telling them to lie to customers

I only wish I had left much sooner.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Plenty of hours. You'll never have to pipe up for overtime. Also, the company promotes a training environment. It's a good entry level job. I would say it's a quite useful position for the initial 6 months. Take advantage of the training. It's the closest thing to getting an MBA for free. Also, you get to drive relatively new cars--need I say more?

Cons

The hours! Get ready to watch your personal life go out the window. You will likely work a minimum of 50 hours each week. If you've been scrounging for work, you'll like the hours at first, but it will wear off quite quickly. Also you will be transferred VERY often so don't get too used to anyone or anything. Promotes an environment of favoritism-if you're a favorite, you will be trained so make sure to put your best foot forward upon meeting your coworkers. I would not expect a level playing ground. The job is also characteristically monotonous, but there are some efforts put into place to break things up. My suggestion, on that note, would be to promote quickly otherwise, you will suffer from boredom unlike any other form of ennui you have ever encountered before. Minorities BEWARE. If you're looking for equal footing, travel elsewhere. You WILL feel it here. Just an observation based on having been with the company for over two years in multiple locations across the state of California as well as feedback from fellow coworkers and peers. And then there's the compensation. You do a lot for very little. I once found that the pay in one area for Management Trainees exceeded that of a local dishwasher position at a hotel by a whopping 32 cents. For all that the position requires, it is hardly a fair amount.

Training! Do what you promised when you first offered the position. It's the easiest way to grow your business and retain your employees. Don't let the day-to-day stuff get in the way of fostering your employees' futures. EVERY day is busy at Enterprise, so make room to handle all parts of your job. Just because your employees are the easiest to set aside, doesn't mean you should. If your people aren't trained, then you're not doing your job. In the simplest of terms, happy employees = more$. Also, the company is based on good set of values-I think it would beneficial to follow them.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car