There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Great Experience, Good Company, Lower Pay

Current Employee - Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training programs.
Great people to work with.
Promote from within and reward hard work.
Good Benefits

Cons

Low pay compared to other large companies.
Very log jammed which slows promotions.
Some work can seem repetitive and not as important as claimed to be.

Higher wages for those who prove themselves.

2912 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

Typically energetic environment but gets old real fast.

Former Employee - Senior Customer Assistance Representative  in  Bardonia, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Assistance Representative in Bardonia, NY (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an intern I was the youngest in my branch (21) but everyone else was only a few years older so it was a energetic office. Everyone jokes around you get to know employees from all over your area pretty well as you see them frequently delivering/picking up cars from other branches. Best salesperson in each branch every month would get taken out to dinner, yankee/mets game, etc.. Frequent company sponsored happy hours if the entire area did well that month. Management was usually positive and fun, very easy to approach and more than willing to answer questions or offer help.

Cons

Working with the general public is quite the experience. I worked at the largest branch in my area so it was constantly busy. You will meet ALL kinds of people from very friendly to incredibly rude, illiterate, intolerable, disgusting people. I am very good at interacting with others and not letting insults get to me but at ERAC you might want to have a tranquilizer attached to your hip so you don't kill some customers with the clip board. When the branch is busy it is BUSY and when customers wait for longer than they think should, they get pissed. You will be running around checking people into cars, cleaning cars, swapping out cars, answering phones, pulling contracts, checking people into rentals all at the same time... in a shirt and tie. Since I was a summer intern, I didnt need to go to the gym since I would sweat all day long. Least to say it gets very very hectic. Sometimes management can get overwhelmed and take it out on you, or disappear when the branch is most busy.

Good luck.

Branch Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The training and the development, all the bad reviews you read are for people who could not make it. It is highly competitive and if you don't have that fire to be the best, this might not be your best fit. If you have a strong work ethic, desire to succeed, and are a self motivated individual you can be very successful.

Cons

Of course everyone wants better pay it will never be enough; however, the hours are pretty extensive, you have to do what ever it takes to "make it happen." When you are a branch manager you stop clocking in and out and you could be at work as early as 6:15 a.m. and leave as late as 8:00 p.m.

The hours is not a major factor you have the people who are willing to work hard, but take care of the best employees you have. Don't let your top employees even think about moving to another company.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!