Epsilon

www.epsilon.com

Good place to work and gain experience in the industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Schaumburg, IL (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Pros

The people would be the main reason this company is successful. That goes not only for their personality, but their ability to come up with creative solutions to problems. I have only been here a short time, but have yet to come across a situation where I or anyone around me has been treated unfairly. In Schaumburg at least, we focus on hiring very intelligent, technical people that also have the ability to interact well with our clients. Doing this, sets the tone for the rest of the office.
The salaries here are fair and in some cases higher than our direct competitors. The benefits are about average for the industry, but we still do offer a strong 401K match which is becoming more rare unfortunately.
Free pastry and fruit breakfast on Thursdays!

Cons

With a company growing as quickly as this one, you do get people that are working very hard to meet our goals. Many employees will work extra hours to get their work done, but I believe this is done to meet our goals and I have seen the company focus on bringing in more staff to help us with our needs.

There is a good staff of people working hard to meet the demands of our clients. While there is a bonus offered to people at director level and up, it would be good to see the rest of the staff offered an annual bonus.

Other reviews for Epsilon

Haggin Marketing was an honest, hardworking company--after the acquisitions it's been tough to deliver great client work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mill Valley, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Pros

Many of the people are exceptionally dedicated and passionate about their work. On occasion, there is creative genius. The pay and benefits for senior management are good.

Cons

Since its evolution to "SolutionSet", the company has become engrossed in internal management and profitability goals. The soul of the company and many of the core leaders have left. Current management is singularly focused on growing the company's profits, not on growing its clients profits. The current strategy neither leverages nor recognizes the company's historic strengths in efficiency, business problem solving, and good value. Future growth will come from the digital side of the business, which has been about building community web sites, not about strategically growing client profits. With the loss of SolutionSet's strongest business minds, it remains to be seen whether it can rebuild itself as a strategic partner to its clients vs just another big production shop.

A good company manages with respect for its employees. There is a difference between 'strong leadership' and 'intimidation'.

Common Sense, "thinking outside the box" heck ...thinking at all is not encouraged.

Current Employee - BSA
    Current Employee - BSA

Pros

People are very, very nice. There is some opportunity to learn. They are very flexible about working from home. The office is nice. They have free coffee and breakfast (nice breakfast not just bagels and cream cheese.) There is a meditation room, that nobody uses. Also- it looks real good on the resume. Head-hunters contact me all the time. 3 weeks vacation to start.

Cons

Someone else posted that this company is paper trail obsessed. I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel like I don't work. I just CYA. (Cover Your A) All work is done offshore. I am starting to think this company only has people working in the states so they can say to the clients, "that the work is being done onshore". It isn't. Almost all of the work is done by resources in India. And they make a lot of mistakes. In the two years I have worked there they have dwindled their staff sending more and more tasks over-seas. As for the paper trail - if it it isn't in an email, it is not valid, and it never happened. I spend more time composing emails, and documenting than actually producing work. I feel like I have to dumb down to do the work and their procedures are so intricate it can take months to learn. None of their procedures make any sense.

People get fired a lot or laid off which is a little unsettling. The insurance benefits are very expensive and not very good.

The training is dismal. It is stacks and stacks of ancient and out-dated documentation that you are left on your own to decipher. You are basically left to wing it and often nobody will help you. However, if your lucky. You can learn a lot. But I must say that I feel my skills have gone stale. The work is so mind numbing.

You are an agency, and an agency provides service. You cannot reduce your staff and offshore all your service and expect to be able to provide quality service to your clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Epsilon.

Worked for Epsilon? Contribute to the Community!