Experian
www.experiangroup.com Dublin, Ireland 5000+ Employees

Average pay, political environment, no room for growth

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Schaumburg, IL (US)

I worked at Experian full-time for more than a year

ProsThe front-line managers care and protected the team as much as they could.

ConsJanuary rings in a new year and a new sense of doom for employees fearing for their jobs. Front-level management cares a little too much and protects the team in an unhealthy manner.

Fat could be trimmed to make a team run well, but usually isn't. When folks are cut, they are measured from a political perspective (tenure, friends/ties, etc.) and not what they can provide or do for the company.

No career development. Teams are built in a very flat manner, which gives team members little room for advancement. Even if you execute your job wonderfully, there is little opportunity for you to advance since there's a strong feeling that choices for promotions/advancement are done from a political more than pragmatic perspective.

Senior management feels dishonest and when they speak to you, it feels like they're trying to sell you a used car (and not a good one). Often times, when there are layoffs, executive speeches are contrived, insincere, and leave you feeling like they were just trying to keep rats from fleeing a sinking ship. I cannot blame them for managing the company with a cost-cutting strategy, but I always appreciate honesty so I can evaluate my career options.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate career paths for employees to keep them engaged and cultivate a sense of personal growth. Have reviews more often to give feedback that is helpful and properly reflective of any raises given. If an employee is told that they are doing a great job and they receive significantly less than the cost of living as an adjustment, they should not be surprised.

Direct Marketing is falling apart

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great group of people, good benefits. Cons: More layoffs, outsourcing majority of Direct Marketing division to Costa Rica. … Advice to Senior Management: Do you care about your people? I don't see how you can when you let the majority of the DMS group… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

In my experience

Project Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great Benefits Great people to work for/with Cons: Low in salary compensation Their marketing dept is not doing so… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Experian.

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Experian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Experian CEO Don Robert. All reviews posted anonymously by Experian employees.