Experian

www.experiangroup.com

Great people, but lacking focus and commitment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmart people, very hard-working with good intentions. Large company offers opportunity to move laterally. Pleasant work environment with reasonable work/life balance.

ConsThere is a lack of focus as the company is trying to master too many things in too many markets. Individual executives typically have their own agenda and rarely work together for the greater good. Lots of turnover at the mid-management level. Experian wants to be viewed as innovative but is locked into short-term thinking and earnings pressure.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick no more than 3 big goals and commit to them. Don't short-change opportunities by saying you support them but then refusing to allocate sufficient resources to be successful.

IT Group

IT Group (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL (US)

I worked at Experian for more than 5 years

Pros: If your ingrained in the group you can get away with doing very very little, and with no career skill advancement on your part. … Cons: Too many overpaid - underskilled staff sitting on their behinds. First level management protects their friends to protect their jobs. Front line management… Advice to Senior Management: Clean up the dead wood sitting there in Schaumburg, you can remove half the IT group and would not see a difference - especially with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great on Stock Market - Regular type of Company for Employees

Director (Current Employee) Sherman, TX (US)

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fairly good compensation. Good Benefits. Schedule flexibility when needed. I've crossed paths with a lot of really good, hard-working employees. … Cons: Only been with Experian for 2 years. Already had one major round of layoffs in my sub-business, another is on its way, and a… Advice to Senior Management: Stop with the catchy nonsensical programs such as "The Employee Deal," "The Heart of Experian," and such. Just tell us… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Experian.

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!