Exxon Mobil
www.exxonmobil.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

I like my job.

Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Exxon Mobil

ProsExxon is a great company to work for in terms of available experiances. They have operations worldwide and in most cases, you get to go to the location you work on. I also feel like my work is meaningful. I get to directly track how it affects the bottom line.

ConsThe downside of exxon is their annual employee assesment process. They rank all of their employees and assign you to a bucket (middle, low or upper). While this is a benfit in my mind because it give direct feedback on your performance, the process acts like more of black box because you are unaware of who the individuals are that are number 1 and what they do differtent to get there. I feel like a lot of politics play in to it at some point.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on keeping on. They generally do a pretty good job and are approachable in my opinion.

Large bureaucracy, no room for any creativity

Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Exxon Mobil

Pros: The compensation is decent. That's about it. Cons: Does not inspire any creativity, huge bureaucracy, no fairness to the ranking system. … Advice to Senior Management: Change outdated HR policies. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work; has its downsides, but everywhere does

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Exxon Mobil

Pros: Great compensation and benefits package; great place for long-term career, especially because their retirement benefits are out of this world; its such a big corporation… Cons: Not all managers are sold on the corporate policies that they use to recruit, i.e., work-life balance, service opportunities, safety, but… Advice to Senior Management: Obtain feedback about supervisors from their subordinate and have that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Exxon Mobil.

Worked for Exxon Mobil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exxon Mobil reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Exxon Mobil CEO Rex W. Tillerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Exxon Mobil employees.