Exxon Mobil
www.exxonmobil.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

the travel is exciting and the money is great

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Exxon Mobil

ProsThe travel is adventurous. The time-off is great. The money is good and will get better as I become more experienced.

ConsHave to remember about 20 different passwords for various systems. When we do have to go into the office everybody is very busy and can only offer you a very limited amount of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. You run an organization that rewards performance with cold hard cash and that's what we like.

Seductive with employees, but may be frustrating for some

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Curitiba (Brazil)

I have been working at Exxon Mobil

Pros: Plenty of career oppotunities within different areas of expertise, you can always get there (if you know the right people and they like you). Financial solidness… Cons: Old, paternalistic culture Outdated technologies (be prepared call MS Access and Excel as "systems") Bureaucracy "We have all the money and infrastructure you need, it's all beautiful, so… Advice to Senior Management: Value more people that work hard, recognize them SD process is beautifully pictured on the slides, but when it comes to reality, friendship with leaders… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Compensation and Opportunities

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Exxon Mobil

Pros: The compensation is great. My salary has grew 33% in 18 months with the company and continues to be trending upward, even in the… Cons: The politics can be overwhelming but if you can play… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to remember John D. Rockefellers principles of running a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Exxon Mobil.

Worked for Exxon Mobil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exxon Mobil reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Exxon Mobil CEO Rex W. Tillerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Exxon Mobil employees.