Exxon Mobil
www.exxonmobil.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Interesting for the assistant who takes an interest in the work; like anywhere, good and bad managers.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Exxon Mobil

ProsExcellent benefits; varied and interesting people from all over the world. Our current chairman is one of the best moves we've made, and it seems we have good management working forward for the future.

ConsRanking system is one of the worst methods I've seen; concern that it is manipulated and very dependent on whether or not you work for the right manager. Not certain the the best are being culled from the younger folks for advacement.

Advice to Senior ManagementWsh management would recognize that administrative professionals do take their positions seriously and find it offensive that management seems to think "anyone" can do the job. This has led to moving some employees into the position where they perform poorly and make it difficult for others, both us and other employees.

Very good learning experience

I have been working at Exxon Mobil

Pros: Excellent peer group, Exon Mobil hires very good people from the top schools, lot of scope to… Cons: Very process oriented - overly so at times, things take… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Smart people but a tough place to work at

I have been working at Exxon Mobil

Pros: If you have a good manager than you are set. Good… Cons: Within a year a determination is made on your career track. This will not be shared with you. Very secretive… Advice to Senior Management: Realize that not everyone wants to be like you. Not everyone has a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Exxon Mobil.

Worked for Exxon Mobil? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exxon Mobil reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Exxon Mobil CEO Rex W. Tillerson. All reviews posted anonymously by Exxon Mobil employees.