ExxonMobil

www.exxonmobil.com

Great opportunities, high expectations

Supervisor (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGreat opportunities, both international and domestic. It is truly a global organization; no matter what your interests or abilities, there will be some place in the organization that is a fit. Because of the global scope of activities, there is an opportunity to gain exposure to an incredibly wide range of technologies and operations. Oh, and the compensation and benefits are outstanding.

ConsThe internal processes and controls can sometimes become overwhelming/frustrating (however, there are usually good reasons for most of them!). Because the organization is so very large, it can be difficult to identify who the right individuals are to address an issue or problem. And there is no internal "job postings" board; moves are worked between the employee and their supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on the fundamentals, but don't forget to reward and recognize individuals for a job well done - and be careful not to overload the staff.

The Best Company to work for.....come stay and retire here.

Electrical Maintenance Technician-Level 7 (Current Employee) Torrance, CA (US)

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros: Pay and benefit are one of the best, 401k and/plus pension plan. Work is not back breaking, very relax, no pressure. Fun to work. Lots of overtime. Management care… Cons: I started working when I was 15 years old for a lot of small and big companies and I CAN NOT THINK… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good and excellent work and I'll do… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Work because money/needs, not passion

Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros: Great benefits package. Cost of living in Houston is low, but Exxon pay is quite competitive compare to other major cities. Some opportunities for international… Cons: Very conservative company. Lots and lots of politics. Process oriented. No innovation / little creativity. Technology adapters,… Advice to Senior Management: Need to replace the aging workforce (including management) with younger leaders that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ExxonMobil.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!