ExxonMobil

www.exxonmobil.com

I like my job.

Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer  in  Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Exxon is a great company to work for in terms of available experiances. They have operations worldwide and in most cases, you get to go to the location you work on. I also feel like my work is meaningful. I get to directly track how it affects the bottom line.

Cons

The downside of exxon is their annual employee assesment process. They rank all of their employees and assign you to a bucket (middle, low or upper). While this is a benfit in my mind because it give direct feedback on your performance, the process acts like more of black box because you are unaware of who the individuals are that are number 1 and what they do differtent to get there. I feel like a lot of politics play in to it at some point.

Keep on keeping on. They generally do a pretty good job and are approachable in my opinion.

Other reviews for ExxonMobil

Great place to work long term

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

One of the best reasons is that I never have to worry about being laid off. They have a fantastic benefits package. It blows everyone elses benefits out of the water. And their retirement package is amazing. It's easy to retire a millionaire from here...even the little guys.

Cons

Managers are not all on the same page. Some people have a fantastic manager, open to new ideas, but others have an old, set in their ways manager.

Try to treat everyone here with the same amount of respect. We all went to college!

Great place to work; has its downsides, but everywhere does

Current Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Great compensation and benefits package; great place for long-term career, especially because their retirement benefits are out of this world; its such a big corporation that you could start your career doing one thing and end up doing something totally different; you move jobs every couple of years, so if you end up in a position you don't realy like, you know that it will only be for a few years at most;

Cons

Not all managers are sold on the corporate policies that they use to recruit, i.e., work-life balance, service opportunities, safety, but some really are - its kind of the luck of the draw. Upside is you can move around a lot.

Obtain feedback about supervisors from their subordinate and have that play a part in their overall performance reviews.

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!