Interesting for the assistant who takes an interest in the work; like anywhere, good and bad managers.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

Excellent benefits; varied and interesting people from all over the world. Our current chairman is one of the best moves we've made, and it seems we have good management working forward for the future.

Cons

Ranking system is one of the worst methods I've seen; concern that it is manipulated and very dependent on whether or not you work for the right manager. Not certain the the best are being culled from the younger folks for advacement.

Wsh management would recognize that administrative professionals do take their positions seriously and find it offensive that management seems to think "anyone" can do the job. This has led to moving some employees into the position where they perform poorly and make it difficult for others, both us and other employees.

Other Reviews for ExxonMobil

Very good learning experience

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

Excellent peer group, Exon Mobil hires very good people from the top schools, lot of scope to work in diverse areas early on in one's career, Senior technical personnel usually very supportive and helpful

Cons

Very process oriented - overly so at times, things take time.

Lots of talk, little action.

Current Employee - IT Analyst  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

Focus on safety. Very process driven. Many controls. Training is encouraged and supported. Small work groups. Many opportunities to work on global teams and make many overseas friendships. Upper management has a very high level of integrity and permeates this attitude throughout all the business processes. Most people that I interacted with were some of the most honest people I've ever met.

Cons

The technology is there, we just can't use all of it. The technology in use today is what other companies were using 8-10 years ago. Lots of very smart people, but very few SMEs (subject matter experts) due to frequent change of assignments. I originally viewed this to be very appealing, however, many employees typically have the attitude of "let's just do it this way...because in 3 years from now, we won't be in this group anymore, and it'll be someone else's problem". This results in only the very motivated people to become SMEs. There is almost zero automation....almost all processes must be done manually. Recurring meetings continually just talk about things, and changes take forever to implement.
    And....why won't upper management hurry up and own up to the consolidated campus in Spring TX, rather than let employees hear about it in the Houston Chronicle.

Be more open to change. Don't be afraid to use the technology already available in house. Listen/research more to industry best practices.

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!