Facebook

www.facebook.com

A good way to jumpstart your career

Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

ProsFacebook has a lot of awesome people working there to solve interesting problems at scale. They have over a billion active users a month and a lot of smart engineers working to keep their software great. The benefits and pay are obviously great, and since it's a well-known company it's a good place to start if you're looking to get recognized at other tech companies and startups.

ConsIf you're looking to solve "new" problems and build new things, Facebook is probably not the ideal place for you. They occasionally work on new features but a lot of work is put into improving or rehashing what they currently have. This is what I spent most of my time on while I was there. It was still pretty fun though.

Facebook sometimes claims to be startup, but it's not in most aspects the average software engineer would be concerned with. While engineers do have access to a lot of information and code, the company is too big for one person to have a major impact on product or engineering decisions.

One of the best places to work for

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Facebook's culture of moving fast and breaking things is really great. You really get code in production very fast and… Cons: I don't see any major downside of working at Facebook.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Really the best engineering experience I have hoped for

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: During the 5+ years I've worked here as an engineer, I've had really incredible and satisfying experiences. I've learned so much more than I… Cons: I've felt like I've been able to maintain a pretty good work life/balance (especially after the first year), but I feel like I had to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!