Facebook

www.facebook.com
  www.facebook.com
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Facebook knows how to keep its employees productive and happy

Current Employee - Production Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)
Current Employee - Production Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A great place to work. Well-distributed culture of seeking impact and keeping productive which, along with a considered hiring approach, means that everyone you encounter is bright and eager to help you get things done. Low-touch management style is encouraged, with focus on growth and getting blockers out of the way.

Cons

High public visibility when you cause the site to crash. No 401(k) match. Hard to keep up with all that is going on.

832 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

I love everything about this company.

Current Employee - Partnerships in Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Partnerships in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Facebook is a true mission-driven company. Many companies pay lip service to their mission, but Facebook lives it and breathes it everyday. Zuck is totally committed to the mission of the company, leads by example, and is one of the most visionary people in our industry. The culture at Facebook is very strong, and the people here are incredibly smart and driven. We're working on huge, important problems in the world, and it's fun to come to work everyday.

Cons

None. I love everything about this company.

Stay true to the mission and continue to focus on the long-term.

This is my dream job, sometimes I can't believe I'm actually here

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Facebook is an awesome company. Everyone has the opportunity to make great impact there, as the things you build are used by millions of people worldwide. The company is still growing, which makes for a lot of room for career improvement inside it too, not to talk about all the experience you get there. Finally, the work environment is just great, with very good free food, open space, and the feeling that everyone loves working there.

Cons

I guess a downside to it is that it's a big responsibility to change and build things there, since if you make something wrong you'll be affecting millions of users with it, which can be scary.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook