Facebook knows how to keep its employees productive and happy

Current Employee - Production Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
Current Employee - Production Engineer in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great place to work. Well-distributed culture of seeking impact and keeping productive which, along with a considered hiring approach, means that everyone you encounter is bright and eager to help you get things done. Low-touch management style is encouraged, with focus on growth and getting blockers out of the way.

Cons

High public visibility when you cause the site to crash. No 401(k) match. Hard to keep up with all that is going on.

Other Reviews for Facebook

Intense

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of freedom to choose what you work on and lots of responsibility from day 1; the people are amazing and the speed of iteration can be crazy.

Cons

There's always a lot to do and at times it can be hard to keep up with what's happening around you.

I get to work with the best engineers at a company that treats its employees amazingly.

Current Employee - Software Engineer V  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer V in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Facebook is absolutely full with smart people; this means you work with the best and grow quickly. The scope of the challenges are quite large, and our management (especially in engineering) is top-notch. The company is very employee-friendly, has an awesome culture, and works hard on transparency.

Cons

We're growing, which loses some of the small-company-feel, and career paths aren't always obvious, but these are small complaints.

keep being awesome

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!