Facebook
www.facebook.com Menlo Park, CA 5000+ Employees

People are actually smart. It's a special place.

Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook

ProsFacebook is a fantastic place to work. Yes, you get to work on big things, there are cool new opportunities all over the place, and there's lots of cache...but what really matters is that this is a place full of smart, engaged, and driven people. You don't have conversations at Facebook where you walk away saying "he just didn't get it." This makes every day so much better it's hard to even begin to explain.

ConsManagement is great at a lot of things...but not necessarily at manageing the business. Random stuff just happens that sometimes doesn't make sense across all aspects of the business. Often, initiatives just happen over night, without properly involving all the relevant stakeholders. Sometimes the business side of the company seems to be operating in completely different world from the engineering side.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder at integrating business and engineering.

I was just an intern

Intern (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook

Pros: Young culture Fast paced Exciting after hours Cons: Sociopathic leadership Youth run amok with poor oversite Advice to Senior Management: None really. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Haven't seen anywhere better

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Facebook

Pros: - Fast-paced environment - Easy to have a huge impact given our user base, analytics, and small number of engineers - Good compensation (especially with equity) - Very… Cons: - Very merit-based - if you're not pulling your weight, you'll be asked to leave. This it not actually a con at all if you're… Advice to Senior Management: Keep pushing the envelope. But do keep in mind the effects of external forces… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees.