Family Dollar Stores
www.familydollar.com Matthews, NC 5000+ Employees

Good place to start!

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Springfield, MA (US)

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery good company to start with, you get a lot of experience from the ground up and can work your way up in the company very quickly.

ConsAs a Store Manager you must push 3/4 of the freight yourself and if your older that can be very hard to do, sometimes the help is not very reliable for showing up and the staffing is so low there is no one to call in, also they tell you that you will work 52 hr a week but you end up working 80 to 90 hr because of under staffing of the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the Store Manager be the store manager not the stock boy, hire a stock person who's only job is stocking (not cashiering) 40hr a week and you will see a BIG improvement. Give more responsibility to the Asst. Manager. Have hiring and training stores in every area, then sent the person to their store, (McDs) methods. works very well.

Decent company for beginning Managment

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Lake Park, GA (US)

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros: Relatively Flexible Hours, available benefits Cons: Rather demanding work, Under compensating pay Advice to Senior Management: Promote you store managers better, slightly better pay almost always… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Company, Growing Fast.

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores

Pros: Good Culture, Stong Growth. The company is growing very fast, and some of the… Cons: Sometimes simple requests get lost in the maze of people. There are people promoted… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Family Dollar Stores.

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Family Dollar Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Family Dollar Stores CEO Howard R. Levine. All reviews posted anonymously by Family Dollar Stores employees.