Family Dollar Stores

www.familydollar.com

Think Twice, then a 3rd time...

District Manager (Former Employee) Tidewater, VA (US)

ProsFamily Dollar strives for GREAT Customer Service. Has plenty of Policies and Procedures for all to follow, they are very consistent with "coaching and counseling" to change the team members or CHANGE the team members.

ConsPoor payroll hours, most managers and assistant managers are alone in their stores until 2 or 3 pm which makes them easy targets in the mornings. To many tasks to complete at the store level leaving 90% of the stores unsuccessful in one area or another. Poor work/life balance. If you're salaried you should be prepared to work 70 hours plus to be successful whether your're a Store Manager or above due to the lack of payroll, "YOU" make it up. A lot of Micro Managing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut payroll into the stores to have at least 2 team members per store during open hours. Cutting payroll to make your plan isn't the answer, ever. Make sure ALL team member including field management have a quality balance of work and family. You've forgotten the FAMILY part of Family Dollar only to focus on the DOLLAR part. I was told "Change the people or CHANGE the people" that's the new key phrase, so I couldn't change the job so I CHANGED the job.

loss prevention nightmare with little to no corporate support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Family Dollar Stores

Pros: there plenty of opportunities if you are willing to have… Cons: leave managers in store by themselves with no help, store managers can… More

Promises a lot, delivers little

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Richmond, VA (US)

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros: Some people are quite nice. Cons: Lack of training, upper management will lie and deceive. No breaks even in 10… Advice to Senior Management: Practice what you preach and keep your promises No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Family Dollar Stores.

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!