FedEx Office

www.fedexoffice.com
  www.fedexoffice.com
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

Retail with printing services...

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chesapeake, VA (US)
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Health insurance
Having the ability of learning how to produce digital projects using Adobe software.
The accomplished feeling when you genuinely help a customer in need.

Cons

Staffing, this company can't keep talent employed because we can't pay them enough for what is expected of them to do. Being stretched to thin while still having the expectation of management to provide the "best" customer service. Learning curve for new hires is far to great.

Get rid of "product of the month". Forcing employees to "sell sell sell" makes for some awkward interactions with customers. We can never match the prowess of Staples or Office Max's retail sections. We need to get back to our core business which is printing. Also stop wasting money by enforcing us to do a "clean and bright" but months done the road completely change it by the "clean sweep". We've wasted payroll dollars by having us change the labels and the cost of label holders needed to do said changes. Most people still don't realize that we were once Kinkos and that we have all the same services plus more. People just don't understand what FedEx Office is, they think it is literally a FedEx office call center for all things FedEx.

702 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office (View Most Recent)

Great Company!

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Good Environment, Job is one of the best I have had.

Cons

Can be stressful at times, but the people you work with make all the stress bearable.

POM is ruining the customer experience and driving customers out of our stores. PLEASE LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE DOING THE JOB. I love our company but wont step food in our stores any longer. No staffing during peak hours and when they do talk to you all they want to do is sell me a ream of paper. Jobs are consistently done wrong because there is no production knowledge.

Sterile, cold environment.

Current Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than an year)

Pros

401k matching and decent pay if you can get promoted quickly. 1 week paid vacation to start, 2 weeks after working for a year. If you like production/printing , the job can actually be fun.

Cons

Upper management is extremely inconsistent. They change employee requirements all the time and they force employees to try to sell useless garbage to every customer that walks in the door. The forced interactions have made the customer-employee relationship degrade into something lifeless instead of a warm, honest interaction. This trend of "corporatizing" everything seems to be continuing and getting worse with time.

Get rid of the "Product of the Month" that we are forced to sell to every customer. When you enact a new policy, stick with it for more than 2 months. Let us focus on serving the customers' needs and doing our work quickly and accurately instead of worrying about getting written up over not greeting one customer.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office