Retail with printing services...

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Chesapeake, VA (US)
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Health insurance
Having the ability of learning how to produce digital projects using Adobe software.
The accomplished feeling when you genuinely help a customer in need.

Cons

Staffing, this company can't keep talent employed because we can't pay them enough for what is expected of them to do. Being stretched to thin while still having the expectation of management to provide the "best" customer service. Learning curve for new hires is far to great.

Get rid of "product of the month". Forcing employees to "sell sell sell" makes for some awkward interactions with customers. We can never match the prowess of Staples or Office Max's retail sections. We need to get back to our core business which is printing. Also stop wasting money by enforcing us to do a "clean and bright" but months done the road completely change it by the "clean sweep". We've wasted payroll dollars by having us change the labels and the cost of label holders needed to do said changes. Most people still don't realize that we were once Kinkos and that we have all the same services plus more. People just don't understand what FedEx Office is, they think it is literally a FedEx office call center for all things FedEx.

Other Reviews for FedEx Office

"Work harder and take on more responsibility than you can handle, for no additional pay, or you're FIRED!"

Current Employee - Whatever They're Calling Me Now
    Current Employee - Whatever They're Calling Me Now

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Embarrassingly high turnover rate makes it easy to land a job.

Cons

Your co-workers are constantly quitting, while management drags its feet and hires one new employee for every two lost. You will ALWAYS be working in a store that is grossly understaffed, hope you like dealing with lines of angry customers!

The company has also gone out of its way to reduce the upward mobility of its workers by eliminating most of its specialized job titles. The duties previously assigned to these specialists have been divided and assigned to the regular workers. These workers are not being compensated, in any way, for all of the new duties and responsibilities being assigned to them. I was told, however, that if I didn't like working harder for no extra pay, I could just leave. So there you go.

The amount of anti-union propaganda that litters the offices and break rooms is truly hilarious, and makes it painfully obvious that corporate is very concerned with it's growing mass of dissatisfied employees.

At Fedex Office, you can expect regular visits from corporate. As though the job isn't hard enough, you'll also have to deal with some suit breathing down your neck, all day, questioning everything you do right in front of your customers.

As just a team member, you aren't technically working in a "sales" position. If you don't constantly try to convince customers to purchase awful greeting cards or overpriced flash drives, however, you'll be harassed on a regular basis by management. Its not a sales position, but you better sell or else!

Awful company, unfair policies, and horrible pay. Welcome to Fedex Office.

Advice to Management? None, they seem to be doing great for themselves. It's just "peons" that are suffering here.

A good job to have while in college.

Former Employee - Production Coordinator  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I worked at FedEx Office full-time for more than a year

Pros

FedEx offers tuition reimbursement up to a certain amount, and also is flexible about scheduling and willing to work with you regarding school schedules and things of the sort.

Cons

Unless you want to go into management, there really aren't very many advancement opportunities. All promotions are relatively small, equating to a dollar per hour raise.

It would be beneficial to the company to provide greater incentive for selling the "product of the month". 5 dollars for selling 5 reams of paper isn't exactly the best motivator.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office.

Worked for FedEx Office? Contribute to the Community!