First Niagara Financial
www.fnfg.com Buffalo, NY 5000+ Employees

IT: Nice People, Clueless Management

Software Developer (Former Employee)
Buffalo, NY (US)

I worked at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsIT is young and vibrant at FNFG. The people are friendly and supportive. Times are tight for everyone, but if you have a good idea, they will usually find a way to fund it.

ConsThe other side of the "young and vibrant" coin is their inexperience. For an enterprise IT environment, it's still a pretty small organization and yet they want to be grown ups so bad, they tend to adopt unnecessary bureaucratic procedure just because that's what the big banks do.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down growing the org chart, and focus on the people you already have. Say "no" to the lines of business when they want more work done than you have the people or experience to accomplish.

Chatham mgment is the worst

Teller (Current Employee)
Chatham, NY (US)

I have been working at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: The training is great,learned much about the banking industry,met some… Cons: Management at local branch was opposite of the rest of company. Seemed to believe her job was to… Advice to Senior Management: STOP. Look at what you have before you start on your next conquest. You… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Movement in Management causing Negative Changes

Financial Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great Salary! I enjoyed working with people who had been in the… Cons: Constant movements in management caused negativity with employees and unwelcome changes. The overall atmosphere of the job… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to changes, peoples entire lives are affected by these changes.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on First Niagara Financial.

Worked for First Niagara Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Niagara Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for First Niagara Financial CEO John R. Koelmel. All reviews posted anonymously by First Niagara Financial employees.