Fisher Investments

www.fisherinvestments.com

Getting to do what I do best

Investment Counselor (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA (US)

ProsHaving worked in financial services sales for a few years, I was really happy to find Fisher. What’s different about Fisher is they have people focus on what they do best and there’s segmentation of responsibility. Instead of hunting and gathering more clients, and making trades, and servicing the clients, and doing my own research, and doing my own marketing, and hunting and gathering some more, at Fisher my job is to focus 100% solely on servicing clients. At Fisher, the client really is king. My guess is most clients at brokerage firms don’t understand that their sales person spends 80% of his time doing sales and not much time actually managing money. I could go into sales at Fisher, if I wanted to, but at this point that isn’t a route I want to go again, and that’s perfectly ok. It’s nice to be someplace where you can have a long career doing what you know you do best.

Other things I like about Fisher. The overall team is great with a lot of smart people who are happy to be there. From my experience in financial services, the compensation is very very competitive. And they’ve opened another office in Washington where the cost of living is much lower so if you have a family, for example, and want to move somewhere where its easier to buy a house, you can do that.

ConsI’ve seen some people complain about parking. And no, there’s no door to door valet service. But I think most of the people who complain about parking have maybe never had another job before and they don’t know what’s reasonable to expect. For example, at my last job (also in financial service) there was no street parking because it was in a downtown, fully metered area. The only place to park was in one of a few garages. The closest one was exorbitant. I parked a 15 minute walk away because it was cheaper, but it was still ridiculously expensive and I was walking to work in the rain and cold a lot. Public transportation just wasn’t an option because that would have added an hour to my commute, and I would have been switching three times. So yes, sometimes some people have to park offsite and sometimes that person is me. But at least its free and dry and the free shuttle takes 2 minutes.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there’s any discussion of opening more offices I’d love to see one in Colorado.

I know times are rough but this isn't the best place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fisher Investments

Pros: -Good health benefits (includes Vision and Dental) -Occasional visibility of upper management -Smooth daily operation here, the place… Cons: -Off-site parking can be troublsome. You get shuttled in on a small bus. -Most employees there seem unhappy and… Advice to Senior Management: Educate your mid level managers. They seem to lack the leadership skills to manage their teams… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent place to develop a long career

ICTL (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA (US)

I have been working at Fisher Investments

Pros: Fisher offers competitive pay and a place to develop a long-term career. Employees are encouraged to develop themselves professionally by rotating to different areas of… Cons: Employees who aren't interested in money management or a competitive workplace may… Advice to Senior Management: Every firm has disgruntled former employees, and a small number of current employees who are disgruntled. That's normal, particularly for a competitive, money management firm.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fisher Investments.

Worked for Fisher Investments? Contribute to the Community!