Fortress Investment Group
www.fortressinv.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

Extreme micromanagement

Associate (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Fortress Investment Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsReputable well diversified hedge fund and the pay is pretty good. Working hours are decent, exposure to various credit investments.

ConsPoor management and governance. No autonomy or scope for career growth. Extreme micromanagement and red tape. No appreciation for one's work. No morale boosting.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your team to be responsible enough to complete the given task by the deadline, instead of sending constant annoying reminders and follow ups. Appreciate and recognize good work which boosts morale.

Satisfied, but no career growth.

Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Fortress Investment Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Ability to wear many hats. Cons: Pigeon hold into one position. Advice to Senior Management: More training. Career path. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fortress is a great place to grow

Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fortress Investment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros: Firm is increasing its AUM Cons: Hierarchical, though people say it is not. Hard to… Advice to Senior Management: Reward your people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Fortress Investment Group.

Worked for Fortress Investment Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fortress Investment Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fortress Investment Group CEO Randal A. Nardone. All reviews posted anonymously by Fortress Investment Group employees.