Foster Wheeler

www.fwc.com
  www.fwc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Foster Wheeler

Foster Wheeler was like family ... would work there again.

Former Employee - Civil Structural Designer in Houston, TX (US)
Former Employee - Civil Structural Designer in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Foster Wheeler

Pros

Foster Wheeler Civil Department has a tremendous group of people, a great department manager. For the most part employees seemed happy and very easy to work with. Do not get me wrong there are difficult people at Foster Wheeler, but they are the exception and not the rule.

Cons

Let me see.... you have a long walk from the parking garage to the bank of elevators that take you to you office.

After Troy Roder left it seems as if the Houston jobs left as well. I know there are a lot of proposals for new work that is not producing work the Houston office. Bring Troy back to Houston, please.

84 Other Employee Reviews for Foster Wheeler (View Most Recent)

Laid off from FW USA

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Foster Wheeler

Pros

Moved to a beautiful "green" facility on the west side of Houston, very accessible by freeway. Did their best as far as keeping people active on projects and having something to charge to before the layoffs.

Cons

Nepotism runs rampant here: hiring inexperienced friends at a higher salary while not bringing salary up to current market rates for more experienced and senior personnel (before the recession). Unfortunately, gossip and bringing personal problems to the work place have also had a negative impact on employee morale here.

Good luck to you in the Upstream Market. Improve and spend some money on a more updated and integrated EDMS system and other IT tools.

Excellent company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Foster Wheeler

Pros

Benefits, flex time, modern clean office building, large usefull well thought out workspace, every other weekend is a 3 day weekend with Friday off.

Cons

Having to spend 9 hours plus lunch everyday in the office in order to earn that every other Friday off. Absolutely bizzare design of the water faucets in the bathroom lavatories.

We will survive the Obama administration. The economy will recover and we will be busy again. Keep up the good work and vote against politicians that hurt our business.

There are newer employer reviews for Foster Wheeler