Gallup

www.gallup.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Gallup

Used to be great place, now just average.

Current Employee - Administrative Services in Omaha, NE (US)
Current Employee - Administrative Services in Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at Gallup full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some very talented and dedicated people

Cons

Overuse of recognition to the point it is now meaningless. More interested in profit over people. Poor benefits. Not sure what management does.

Go back at least a little bit to what Gallup used to be.

282 Other Employee Reviews for Gallup (View Most Recent)

WHERE IS MY PENNY?

Current Employee - Interviewing Specialist in Lincoln, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Interviewing Specialist in Lincoln, NE (US)

I have been working at Gallup full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

two microwaves in the kitchen

Cons

Interesting procedures in record keeping. If we are hired with a base pay of 14.00/hour, why do our payroll records so often show 13.99/hour? That's a lot of pennies!!
       We have the option of taking (.2) of actual time from each track that we work each day. This is an attempt to increase production. Often these (.2) decreases show up the next day as a payroll validation error but when reading between the lines, (.3) is added back in. This represents a DECREASE in production. Translated: (more free time given to Gallup w/no pay)
       Thousand of employees may not notice these things, or just get tired of messing with it. I am afraid that this may be the part of the iceberg that we SEE.

Find a job that does not require that you keep these secrets. Did you enter this corporation with the intention to approach your job dishonestly? If so, have a seat.. If not, save yourself the grief and guilt of knowing too much.

Sheer Arrogance

Former Employee - Software Development in Omaha, NE (US)
    Former Employee - Software Development in Omaha, NE (US)

I worked at Gallup full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice campus and office area's - some good co-workers to work with. Other than that it was expected that you either were buddies with somebody higher up or you will get poor performance reviews.

Cons

Arrogant HR and management. My friend with over 20 years of experience in a particular I.T. area was told that although he had great experience company policy prohibits him from even being interviewed and to never apply for a position again without a 4 yr degree. Are you kidding me what good is a 4 year degree achieved 30 years ago compared to 20 years of experience?

get rid of corporate micro management attitudes and old boy network - change the hiring process to accept years of experience or a degree like most companies. It borders on age discrimination. I worked on a highly technical team of 20 individuals at another company and everybody was very good at the job - maybe 5 actually had a 4 year degree.

There are newer employer reviews for Gallup