Garmin
www.garmin.com Olathe, KS 5000+ Employees

Dissatisfied

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Olathe, KS (US)

I worked at Garmin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- Good benefits (although this is changing in negative direction)

Cons- Low pay
- High expectations
- Uninteresting people
- Depressing offices
- Red tape
- No growth opportunities

It started like a dream job and management were saying the company appreciates the hard work. With time you realize all that is lies and empty promises. People are forced to work much overtime, being payed below the market average. At the end all are herded to a room where management says thank you and gives a con of free ice-cream. No matter how hard you work, there is one thing where you didn't give 110% and your boss will be covering entire time of your evaluating to justify the little raise you are about to receive. Very cheap company.

I wouldn't leave a feedback but after switching the job, I am getting good bonuses, work twice less, getting paid twice more, living in much funner place and working with interesting people. I just feel I have to let others know about working at Garmin.

Worst mistake I've made

I have been working at Garmin full-time for less than a year

Pros: The pay is decent, not really that good unless you… Cons: Management has no clue of what really goes on. Instead of fixing the issues they true on the… Advice to Senior Management: Get ride of the lazy employees and hire people that can actually do the job. Senior management needs… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent place to start your Career

Product Support Specialist (Current Employee)
Salem, OR (US)

I have been working at Garmin full-time for less than a year

Pros: They seem to care about their employees Great Benefits Little restrictions on… Cons: some policies are unclear certain issues done have an easy or… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Garmin.

Worked for Garmin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Garmin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Garmin CEO Clifton Pemble. All reviews posted anonymously by Garmin employees.